Hi, I had my iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1 stolen, I've got a replacement on iOS 6.0 and I've modified my backup's info.plist so that the 6.1 backup will restore onto the 6.0 and when I restored everything copied across fine - except for my SMS/MMS messages. I've looked into the backup with iBackupViewer and the messages are in the backup fine, so it's not a corrupt backup, but the messages won't copy over. I can't do a restore without upgrading to 6.1.3 (which I don't want to do, because I don't want to lose the evasi0n JB) but i've tried the 'restore backup' on iTunes which re-restores everything again, apart from messages.

So what I'm asking is, is there anyway I can get my thousands of messages back onto this iPhone?

Many thanks.
    2013-05-09 03:56 PM
    If your replacement is an i4 as well, I would suggest ditching Evsai0n and using Redsn0w to jailbreak semi-tethered on 6.1.3. I know it's tethered, however performance wise, it blows Evsai0n away. Most notably battery life. Plus I'm assuming you should get your messages back
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken
    2013-05-09 04:30 PM
    Hi, from reading old forum posts, it appears that once you have extracted your sms.db file from your iTunes backup, delete everything from inside the /var/mobile/Library/SMS folder on your iPhone and paste your original sms.db backup file in there and then reboot should hopefully work.
    2013-05-10 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD