hi all can any expert tell me the best and cleanest way to re-JB? i am on 7.0.6 and need to re JB but just want to do it the best and cleanest way possible so that i have a fresh install of cydia. (because of the recent update bug)

please let me know!
    2014-03-03 04:27 AM
    The cleanest way is to do a true DFU restore, then setup as new, and then JB with version 1.0.7

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-03-03 07:22 AM
    but can i do a DFU restore setup as new and then restore from backup?

i think i made a backup of my previous JB and am worried that there are bad files there.

the main problem im having is cydia flashing on package detail pages.. so annoying... strobing and flickering effect.
    Last edited by kgf88; 2014-03-03 at 08:37 AM.
    2014-03-03 08:35 AM
    but can i do a DFU restore setup as new and then restore from backup?

i think i made a backup of my previous JB and am worried that there are bad files there.

the main problem im having is cydia flashing on package detail pages.. so annoying... strobing and flickering effect.
    If you setup as new iphone, you won't be able to restore from backup. You should not restore from backup if you want a clean restore.
    However after you setup as new, you can sync back your apps or photos from you itunes library and is not the same as restore from backup which you mentioned earlier. This will give you a clean restore.
    2014-03-03 09:13 AM
    Can i restore from icloud which will essentially be clean?

But i see your point. I should have restored as new but didnt want to re synch all my data.

This step leaves me worried about any previous JB files being left in my backup which i restored from.

Any thoughts on either method? How lilely are JB files left in a backup?

Lastly is it possible to keep my ispw 7.0.6 in case apple jumps to 7.1?
    2014-03-03 09:53 AM
    You can't use your IPSW 7.0.6, after 7.1 is out. So if you need it now, forget backup and just do everytnig according to iYeows instructions. It's your last chance........7.1 is coming very soon.
    2014-03-03 07:23 PM
    Yes, you can put JB files back on the device if you restore from back up. Setup as new is the cleanest way to insure a clean install.

It's worth the extra time, trust me.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-03-03 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD