So,

I restored my iPod Touch 4g @ iOS 6.1.6 which was jailbroken and I had a lengthy game of Pokemon running on it.
    I realized I didn't backup the savefiles right after I restored, now I wonder if it's possible to recover the savefile?
    All the things I google just go about recovering contacts/photos/etc but this is a file added by a jailbroken app...

The path of the file used to be "/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA/save_states/Pokemon FireRed/somenumber.svs"

Now I am quite technical, so you can go nerdmode on me

All the guides I found (SSH RAMdisk, making a backup of the disk using SSH) don't seem to be working for iOS 6.1.6

Thanks in advance
    2014-05-11 03:31 AM
    If you restored to a fresh OS, sorry to say but those files are gone.
    smaller sig.png
    2014-05-11 04:24 AM
    There could be a small chance your itunes backup could have backed up some of those files. If you restored from a backup after going to the firmware you are on now check that same file path again. If it isn't there then it's definitely gone.
    2014-05-11 04:58 AM
    Yeah it's not there anymore, I thought that files were only "marked as deleted" instead of being deleted completely?
    Or has that changed?
    It used to be possible with older iOSes I found?
    2014-05-11 09:18 PM
    Well nothing ever gets really deleted until something writes over it. Not sure how a restore handles that though and don't think there are any tools that can recover from an iPhone the way you need it to.
    2014-05-12 02:12 AM
    How difficult would it be to make such a tool?
    Like in app-form as I doubt a PC/Mac can read raw disk data... or maybe make a tool for that too?

I can't make it though
    You used to be able to get a raw disk copy to your Mac, but that's like < 4th gen...
    Maybe an app that sends raw data to the pc/mac? I am going crazy
    2014-05-12 02:16 AM
    2014-05-12 02:40 AM
    I guess that makes sense lol.

Wait you get paid for this?
    2014-05-12 04:17 PM
    2014-05-12 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD