Hi Guys,

I have iPhone 5s version 7.1.2. I used Pangu to jailbreak. It was working fine no issues but than after a while it started acting weird. Every time I connect to Mac or PC, iTunes would not recognize it. The charging would apear for half a minute than it would disapear. Nothing in iTunes and no charging. I started deleting some of the apps that I installed from Cydia to see that may have caused the issue but I ended up deleting Cyida. Now no Cydia, I did not install openssh or iFile and I cannot backup the phone. The phone is working fine no issues it just not detected by iTunes to be able to do full backup or atleast re-jailbreak to get Cydia back.

Can anyone help, any solutions? At least a way to do a full backup before I do a factory reset.

I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Pure1; 2014-10-17 at 07:33 PM.
    2014-10-17 07:31 PM
    Don't you have iCloud backup activated on your iphone?
    If not, than activate it, do the backup and than after restore (I suggest you wait until Monday with it, because IOS 8.1 is coming out), first setup as new and than restore from that iCloud backup.
    Unfortunately, jailbreak will be gone, but we all hope new jailbreak for 8.1. will come out soon enough
    2014-10-17 07:41 PM
    Can you do full backup on iCloud? Like it would save messages from Viber, Whatsapp and other stuff? I know I can backup notes, contacts and other apps but does it save all the settings as well? Not too worried about re-installing apps but the contents of those apps. Like in iTune you can backup everything and can transfer or restore same as it is withouth having to go through the settings of apps, e-mail and etc.
    2014-10-17 07:50 PM
    It's the same as iTunes backup, no differences, actually for me, even better. When you enter iCloud in settings, you will see many options what to backup, so it's your choice

EDIT: BTW, are you sure that WhatsApp, Viber....messages are being backed up by iTunes?
    As far as I know, WhatsApp is saving everything by default, for Viber I really don't know...
    Last edited by bbrks; 2014-10-17 at 09:19 PM.
    2014-10-17 08:25 PM
    What I meant by Viber, WhatsApp backup is that when you do full backup using iTunes it backs everything on your phone, the apps, the settings, wallpaper, messages and sort of things.

I will give iCloud a try to see if works. Is there a way to bring back Cydia somehow? or is there a website that can jailbreak over the net like jailbreakme.com used to do.
    2014-10-17 11:46 PM
    I don't think, that you can bring Cydia back. There is a Cydia App called iLexRat, which could reinstall Cydia, but since you have deleted it, there is no way back, and jailbreakme.com.....well, that was long ago....it's history.
    2014-10-18 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.