Hello,
    I have been trying to figure out what is draining my device down within a few hours.
    I mean I was 100% at 0700 and by 1200 my device shutdown from no juice.
    I have searched and haven't found anything that helps me to understand this any better.

What I have done so far:
    I Jailbroke my iPhone 6 iOS 8.1 and even though I was enjoying everything I had phone issues when someone called I couldn't answer.
    And there were a few other quirks that I couldn't seem to get to the bottom off.
    At the time Apple had released 8.1.1 and I thought it may be a good time to restore or update from 8.1 to 8.1 before Apple ended the signing period...
    I plugged in my device to my MAC and via iTunes I Option/ATL and chose the UPDATE option.
    Pointed to where I had the iOS 8.1 on my MAC and restored without loosing my data.

All I wanted to do is restore to a clean version of 8.1 and remove the JB to start afresh without loosing my data.
    I didn't re-jailbreak because I wanted to just use my device as is before going back to customizing it.
    I think I did that but as I started this thread saying I have been experiencing horrible battery life.

As I am writing this I have upgraded to 8.1.1 and now am updating back down to 8.1..

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]
    2014-11-29 01:35 AM
    After you did a system restore, are you restoring from a previous backup or setting up as a new phone?
    2014-11-29 02:42 AM
    I didn't restore, I upgraded even though it was kind a like restoring my device back to 8.1 from a jailbroken version of iOS 8.1.
    I found a Youtube video that said if I chose the update option and pressed the option/alt key I can choose the iOS8.1 ipsw file.

So when my device restarted it was a clean iOS8.1 in respect to any sign of the jailbreak.
    I didnt loose any of my setup or data.

Thanks what you were asking?
    Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

2014-11-29 03:04 AM
    Sorry, what I was asking is this...
    - You restored your device to 8.1
    - After you restored, iTunes asks if you want to setup the device as a new phone OR use a backup that you created prior to restoring

So, did you use that backup to put back all your old settings or did you set up as new phone? Setting up as a new phone doesn't have any of your old settings. You'd have to add EVERYTHING manually like wifi passwords, email addresses, etc.
    2014-11-29 04:45 AM
    Sorry, what I was asking is this...
    - You restored your device to 8.1
    - After you restored, iTunes asks if you want to setup the device as a new phone OR use a backup that you created prior to restoring

So, did you use that backup to put back all your old settings or did you set up as new phone? Setting up as a new phone doesn't have any of your old settings. You'd have to add EVERYTHING manually like wifi passwords, email addresses, etc.
    No when you update it doesn't give you and option to restore new or from a backup, all data remains.
    The very second time I jailbroke my device I restored as new.
    This update process was the last time.

Hope that helps
    2014-11-29 12:48 PM
    No when you update it doesn't give you and option to restore new or from a backup, all data remains.
    The very second time I jailbroke my device I restored as new.
    This update process was the last time.

Hope that helps
    Oh, I'm sorry. I was thinking you restored. I completely missed the part where you updated.

I think you need to restore as a new device. It's possible there's a bug that's draining the battery. If you're still getting massive drain after a clean restore, then it's a hardware issue and Apple needs to give you a new phone.
    2014-11-29 06:12 PM
    OK with the new JB release for 8.1.1 I'll upgrade to 8.1.1 jailbreak and then restore as a new device.

See how that works

Thanks

OK with the new JB release for 8.1.1 I'll upgrade to 8.1.1 jailbreak and then restore as a new device.

See how that works

Thanks
    --
    JW

2014-11-29 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD