well im running 1.1.3 and tryed to do a restored and redo everything so i updated to itunes 7.6 and udated Ziphone 2.6b every thing seemed cool till till after adding a few apps my phone froze so i put it back in DFU mode but when i try to restore it to 1.1.3 again it keep coming up with "cant restore iphone error 1015. im lost and cant find anything to help. every thing i see about error 1015 is about downgrading but i never was trying to downgrade i just wanna keep 1.1.3

thanks
    -meberra

ok well I decided just to try and see if restoring to 1.1.4 would work. And it did, I didn't get the error 1015 this time. Everything seems to work good on it. But as I stated I would reather have 1.1.3 installed. So would it be ok to try and put it into restore mode and try and restore it back to 1.1.3 hopeing not to get that error angain?? I read in a post that I could try to reinstall iTunes to see if it will fix the error from coming up. I've also read that I could try and downgrade back to itunes 7.5... Any thoughts???
    Last edited by meberra; 2008-03-27 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-27 06:14 AM
    To downgrade, try first connecting the phone to itunes. Then after it's connected enter DFU mode by holding down the sleep and home buttons. When the screen goes black, release the sleep button while continuing to hold down the home button.

The newer versions of iTunes have problems downgrading if you don't enter DFU mode while connected.
    2008-03-27 08:27 PM
    To downgrade, try first connecting the phone to itunes. Then after it's connected enter DFU mode by holding down the sleep and home buttons. When the screen goes black, release the sleep button while continuing to hold down the home button.

The newer versions of iTunes have problems downgrading if you don't enter DFU mode while connected.
    He's right, you should make sure your in DFU mode. Also make sure your clicking on shift+restore and picking the firmware. You can dL the firmware off the download section of this site.

It finishes installing the firmware, but depending on what version of iTunes you are using, won't start the phone back up.

So when you get that error, try opening up ziphone and going to advanced options. Click on reboot in normal mode. That should bring up your phone in your fresh 1.1.3 firmware. If not, restore again and try ziphone boot mode again.
    2008-03-27 09:02 PM
    sweet thanks given to both you im gonna have to try it out (this forum rocks)
    2008-03-27 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD