My friend told me when he picked up the iphone when the phone was charging on the dinning table, the phone produces electric current. He just drop the iphone on the table. After that the iphone become gone! He was using orginial charger. Any comments?

2008-03-28 04:06 AM
    So...?
    2008-03-28 04:08 AM
    That sux
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped
    2008-03-28 04:10 AM
    Whoa that’s crazy! Sounds like something could have shorted out or something. Who knows, could be a problem with the phone or your friends house wiring. Nevertheless, time to take a trip to the Apple Store

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button
    2008-03-28 04:11 AM
    Had to be some type of surge. Like lightening (for example). I doubt the phone just shorted out and blew up on its own.

I had a comcast box catch on fire when lightening hit a pole and came in through the line one time.
    2008-03-28 04:33 AM
    BS dropping it on a marble counter isnt going to cause that kind of damage....looks like it got slammed in a car door or something because of the damage to the front and back...dropping it a couple feet isnt going to shatter the hard plastic on the back...this thread is stupid
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people
    2008-03-28 04:53 AM
    BS dropping it on a marble counter isnt going to cause that kind of damage....looks like it got slammed in a car door or something because of the damage to the front and back...dropping it a couple feet isnt going to shatter the hard plastic on the back...this thread is stupid
    I hope this thing become to you!!!
    2008-03-28 04:55 AM
    I hope this thing happen to you!!!
    2008-03-28 04:56 AM
    He's not saying dropping it shattered it. He's saying an "electric current" fried it.

Which is still very....very....ummm, very doubtful.
    2008-03-28 04:56 AM
    That looks BADASS Send it to me.
    EDM
    2008-03-28 05:04 AM
    Another photo. The rear of the iphone is scratchless.

2008-03-28 06:19 AM
    fouldy sick bro
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-03-28 06:23 AM
    Send me it..
    EDM
    2008-03-28 07:23 AM
    He's not saying dropping it shattered it. He's saying an "electric current" fried it.

Which is still very....very....ummm, very doubtful.
    Speaking from first hand experience....when I found out my ex-wife was using a 2nd phone to talk to some guy...I took it out and hooked it up to my car battery with jumper cables....after 20 minutes the best I got was a little puff of smoke. So a mini-explosion blew the back off the phone? Why is there no damage under the plastic in his picture...this story has too many holes.
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people
    2008-03-28 09:41 AM
    The front of the iphone is glass, not plastic. It will not bubble and melt as depicted The rear housing shows the delicate ribbon cable in perfect condition, no heat damage whatsoever.

Conclusion: This is an overlay. The phone was dropped and broken, and the overlay makes it look worse.

EDIT, I was right....................

The rest of your pics seem to confirm this. http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x2/mowaxchua/

This picture clearly shows the roughness of the overlay rather than a smooth glossy screen

Here you can see the overlay peeling and wrinkling from the top near the ear piece.

Last edited by one1; 2008-03-28 at 02:24 PM.
    2008-03-28 02:15 PM
    poor iphone
    2008-03-28 03:50 PM
    That sucks... I'd cry :'(
    2008-03-28 05:14 PM
    "This picture clearly shows the roughness of the overlay rather than a smooth glossy screen"
    The LCD is with invisible shield.
    2008-03-28 07:14 PM
    This is retarded, iPhones do not spontaneously combust, and they don't shatter like that when dropped on a table. And why can't the thread starter speak descent english? Is he from Russia or what? lame.
    2008-03-28 07:41 PM
    it really looks like this guy took a screen protector, beat the **** out of it and stuck it over the screen, popped the battery back off and took pics of it. The ribbon IS in perfect shape so nothing to do with power happened to this thing...what's your purpose of posting this it's obviously inflicted from physical damage, but it looks like only a screwed up screen protector on it. lol It's fake though, I bet that phone turns on fine.
    2008-03-28 08:01 PM
23 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD