Im in the process of trying to get my phone replaced and what happened is i literally smashed my phone. Screen is all white but the it still works. No touch screen functions . ON the phone right now and they are going to be sending out a replacement box and repairing it for 250 . Theres no way i could get the store to replace it is what shes telling me. She told me that i need to keep my SIM but why are lots of other threads discussing getting a pre paid SIM? is that for when someone is using it with another carrier or what? just a little confused.
    2008-03-31 05:18 PM
    that's when someone has it unlocked and using it with an unsupported carrier, and since apple has gotten a lot stricter now, they ask for an ATT phone number to check that the phone is activated with the correct carrier before they'll help you.

sounds like you're with ATT and they'll be replacing the damage for you at a cost, since it's not a manufacture default
    2008-03-31 05:25 PM
    thanks that was what i was asumming just didnt have clear justification on it. yeah it sucks that ill have to pay 250 for a repair.

Another thing, my phone is hacked . I know i need to restore it to OTB or 1.1.4 , do i just us ZiPhone or what. I know they wouldnt be to happy to recieve a hacked phone hahaha.
    Last edited by djdan877; 2008-03-31 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-31 05:58 PM
    thanks that was what i was asumming just didnt have clear justification on it. yeah it sucks that ill have to pay 250 for a repair.

Another thing, my phone is hacked . I know i need to restore it to OTB or 1.1.4 , do i just us ZiPhone or what. I know they wouldnt be to happy to recieve a hacked phone hahaha.
    use ziphone to return the phone to the OEM state. then go to the store. the employees will laugh at you if you bring a modded phone
    2008-03-31 07:36 PM
    use ziphone to return the phone to the OEM state. then go to the store. the employees will laugh at you if you bring a modded phone
    well when i go to return to the OEM state , i hopefully dont have to use the screen because its not working at all. Anyone know if when your going through the restore to OEM procedure is it going to require me using the screen?
    2008-03-31 08:10 PM
    Yea I am with a different carrier and I'm wondering exactly how to do the prepaid thing.
    I've bought the card but I can't activate it through the phone beacuse I'm getting no signal.
    Any ideas?
    2008-03-31 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD