I now have a 1/2cm of grey lines down the entire left side of my phone. Wish me luck trying to get it replaced.

There are no cracks or anything.

I have to restore it before I take it in, what should I say when it says waiting for activation? I, uh, bought it just to look at it?
    2007-10-12 05:58 AM
    give it a try
     Think Different
    2007-10-12 06:00 AM
    it should activate with no problem (that is if you are an att customer and dint unlock it)
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."
    2007-10-12 06:26 AM
    I'm T-mobile...
    2007-10-12 07:14 AM
    (whoa i just typed something about waiting untill this happened and while i was typing this this happened... haha i know that didnt make any sense but heres what you have to do \/ \/ \/ \/)

A simple restore won't flash the baseband (an important file involved with your phone network settings etc), and untill now a simple restore would leave your phone bricked telling you to go to an apple/ att store, where theyd be like.. well its your fault for voiding your warranty by unlocking, but it seems now there is a solution.. try this:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9578
    Last edited by lifesmymachine; 2007-10-12 at 07:30 AM.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."
    2007-10-12 07:26 AM
    dont restore yet, wait until there is a good way to fix the baseband

if you restore now, your phone will become essentially bricked and obvious to apple/ att that you unlocked it

the iphone dev group is working on a way to flash the baseband
    Done.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9578
    2007-10-12 07:27 AM
    So since my phone is 1.0.2, I only have to do the baseband flash? What step would I start at on the guide? I am on a mac with 7.4.2 itunes.
    2007-10-13 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD