I hooked up my phone (1.1.4 AT&T) to my computer (windows XP) and it was fine. I disconnected it after a sync. Checked everything, music: good, photos: good, Installer: good. So then about 30 minutes later, I went to my iPod section. It closed on me. I went into settings/general/about, 0 songs, 0 photos, 0 ringtones. Somehow, my memory got wiped. I did a restore and rejailbroke. I know for a fact that BSD Subsystem, OpenSSH, iApp-a-day, and Community Sources were all good. Nothing happened after those were reinstalled except for what was supposed to happen. However, after that, I installed maybe 17 apps; plus some skin mods. The skin mods were first. It was fine afterwards. So I installed the apps. And everything was there. But then, GONE. My memory got wiped again. I've done this four times and was in the process of the fifth when typing this. I do not have a list right now of all the apps, but I can get one if it is needed. I can't keep doing this. I'll go a few days with only BSD Subsystem, iApp-a-day, OpenSSH, and Community Sources installed, but if I get bored somewhere, I'm gonna go insane quite fast. So please, help!!!
    2008-04-02 03:24 PM
    what are you using to jailbreak? i read that the latest iLiberty version is not saving settings, so if that's it, that may be why. the next version is going to fix this problem, or you can use an earlier version to jailbreak
    2008-04-02 05:18 PM
    I'm using Ziphone 2.6. I've had my phone jailbroken since 1.1.3 was jailbreakable. Only now have I encountered problems. Later today, I'm gonna install my skin mods and see if my memory gets wiped. If not, it must be installer. So then I'm gonna have to spend hours installing and uninstalling to find the program(s) that are messing with my phone.
    2008-04-02 09:54 PM
    Restore, Upgrade to 1.1.4, and use ZiPhone 3.0 found on ziphone.org
    2008-04-02 10:15 PM
    I'm thinking about waiting until it happens again or waiting for the 1.2.0 firmware and then using the pwnage program. but I think I was doing something with the skin mods. I've installed a few things from installer. But I only install a program every couple of days. Once I get all my apps back, I'm gonna install the mods once I'm sure the installer apps are not causing the problem.
    2008-04-04 06:52 AM
    use PWNED it should work perfectly
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473
    2008-04-04 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD