i dont know why, but my settings icon just disappeared. i cannot figure out how to make it show up again. i had just upgraded to 1.1.4 and used ilibertyx to jailbreak, and i had gone through and uninstalled all the apps i was no longer using, and then i noticed that settings disappeared.

how can i get it back? i know that i can restore my phone, but i would be happier if there was an alternative. any thoughts? thanks!
    2008-04-03 09:15 AM
    Here in my Preferences file,. you my have to chmod it.
    Last edited by timbo; 2008-04-03 at 09:24 AM.
    Thanks,

Timbo
    2008-04-03 09:21 AM
    well thank you for your file. but my preferences.app is still on my phone. i found it with mobile finder under ~/Library/preferences.app

so it is still there. can you tell me if that is the right location? i tried to move it to an applications folder where i found all the other apps on my homescreen, but preferences.app wouldnt move.

and i dont know what chmod means, haha. thanks for your help though
    2008-04-03 09:33 AM
    it should be in /Applications. there is a preferences folder in /Library but that is for the .plists
    Last edited by desepticon; 2008-04-03 at 09:45 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-04-03 09:42 AM
    it should be in /Applications. there is a preferences folder in /Library but that is for the .plists
    well, preferences.app is not in the folder /applications at all. it is right under the folder in /library, and it is the app, not the folder. i can't get mobilefinder to move preferences.app into the /applications folder

i appreciate the help btw :]

anybody with any other ideas???
    Last edited by shawnhale05; 2008-04-03 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-03 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD