I usually don't post on topics that have been beaten to death.....BUT.....

I have an 8 GB iPhone with 1.1.4 Jailbroke with ziphone 2.6

I'm trying to replace the notification sounds for voicemail & SMS messages, and also the lock/unlock sounds.

I've taken my custom wav files and converted them to aiff files. I then rename the aiff files to caf files. I then overwrite the corresponding caf files in /system/library/audio/uisounds with my custom ones (i.e.: overwrite Voicemail.caf, sms-received6.caf, lock.caf etc...)

I then power off my phone & restart. None of the custom sounds work. No lock/unlock, voicemail remains the stock sound & when I go to SMS #6 "electronic", nothing.

I've also tried replacing the corresponding aiff files i.e.: /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/Voicemail.aiff, but to no avail.

Is there no way to change the sounds manually with 1.1.4 or am I doing something wrong???

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be detailed:

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button
    2008-04-05 10:09 AM
    you have to change the sms-recieved to the number 4 (ie.sms-recieved4.caf) spot then change the notification to horn and then it should work
    2008-04-05 12:05 PM
    Nope, No dice

2008-04-05 02:50 PM
    Try customize.
    2008-04-06 02:28 PM
    I wanted to know how to do it manually, but I'm actually trying out the 2.0 beta right now. Was working great last night, today having problems. Still would like to know if I am doing it right via ssh

2008-04-06 08:26 PM
    The steps you mentioned seems right as I also do the same, puzzle me why you encounter problem...

Just a wild guess, permission?
    2008-04-07 10:49 PM
    Your problem probably lies within the properties. The iPhone is really particular about the properties in which the audio file is formatted. For example: When I converted some stock ringtones to use as SMS received tones I had to alter the formatting properties to 44100 mhz, stereo, and 16 bit instead of the stock properties that they were as ringtones.

Reako
    2008-04-08 10:14 PM
    Cool, I'll check that out! I think I was saving them as 32 bit float.

2008-04-09 02:25 AM
    great info guys

Try customize.
    btw, does customize even work on 1.13 or 1.14?
    2008-04-10 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD