User Tag List

took a stab at a reflective globe, not perfect. But its good. makes the icon look a lot fuller.
    Attached Thumbnails Gunmetal REMASTERED-icon.png  
    2007-07-24 09:29 PM
    Alright, here is the new version made based off of your other globe. Let me know how it works!
    Attached Images Gunmetal REMASTERED-safarinew.png 
    2007-07-24 09:35 PM
    ^^that one is perfect!
    2007-07-24 09:39 PM
    You test it out on the phone and everything? I can't wait to get home and try all this (I've never tried any of the themes...so...)
    2007-07-24 09:41 PM
    nice add.. umma have to mod this globe into a glowing blue earth..

also.. I wanted to know how many were interested in a white/silver glow version of this theme.. I was thinking maybe this was too much blue? lemme know if anyone is interested I can start working on it when I get home from work... thanks fellas
    2007-07-24 10:00 PM
    thewiredone2000: yes i tried it on my phone, looks great!

digitalkid: Id like to see a white/silver version of it. Might like it more than the blue. Id like to see what you come up with for a glob as well. I think a larger globe would look better. and Im not sure if theres a way to raise the position of it a little bit? So it looks more like its floating between the phone and ipod.
    2007-07-24 10:05 PM
    Hey Hollywood can you post your displayorder plist pleaseee?
    2007-07-24 10:11 PM
    Hey all question about the icons, i was messing around with the DispalyOrder.plist file last night however im not able to get rid of certain icons even though i take the code out. Is there a way to get rid of the icons all together or do we need to hide them at the bottom, eg. Field test and demo app. Any response to this would be great.
    2007-07-24 10:51 PM
    2007-07-24 11:05 PM
    Does anyone have any system sounds? Digital. On your website yours are not up for download. File is gone
    2007-07-24 11:26 PM
    Jasper,
    Thanks for the info.. It worked like it was suppose to.

Guys,
    The globe looks nice.. Any way to make it actually SPIN??? I know the iPhone does not recognize animated GIFs because I tried to use one as a wallpaper and it showed up just as a still image, not animated.
    Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Jay.
    2007-07-24 11:58 PM
    aight heres my deal.

i used all the icons in the original gunmetal REMASTERED pack. but i used the new globe for safari. i also kept the stock positioning of all the icons. i did run into something ugly though. the mail icon is black on the bottom, resulting in the words on the bottom to disappear. i have all the other words underneath the phone, safari, and ipod so to match id LOVE for mail to match.

So, if anyone could create the same icon, but make it transparent on the bottom to display the words, I WOULD BE SO VERY HAPPY!!

thanks in advance!

mad props to digitalkid!! these icons are AMAZING! the only one id let on my 600 dollar investment, hahaha!
    2007-07-25 03:21 AM
    aight heres my deal.

i used all the icons in the original gunmetal REMASTERED pack. but i used the new globe for safari. i also kept the stock positioning of all the icons. i did run into something ugly though. the mail icon is black on the bottom, resulting in the words on the bottom to disappear. i have all the other words underneath the phone, safari, and ipod so to match id LOVE for mail to match.

So, if anyone could create the same icon, but make it transparent on the bottom to display the words, I WOULD BE SO VERY HAPPY!!

thanks in advance!

mad props to digitalkid!! these icons are AMAZING! the only one id let on my 600 dollar investment, hahaha!
    lemme work on that icon for u.. Ill do it when I get home..
    I'll work on the silver theme too.. this one can be called "cool" and the silver/white can be "ice" .. any othe requests for the "ice" theme store I get started? I'm in pacific standard time so it might be kinda late for u guys..
    2007-07-25 03:36 AM
    lemme work on that icon for u.. Ill do it when I get home..
    I'll work on the silver theme too.. this one can be called "cool" and the silver/white can be "ice" .. any othe requests for the "ice" theme store I get started? I'm in pacific standard time so it might be kinda late for u guys..
    My only suggestion: I'm not a big fan of the "wet floor effect." I'd like to see "ice" without this effect, except on the springboard....it makes sense to have a wet floor when the icons are on the floor. However, if you are unable to hide the text without the wet floor effect then go ahead and do the wet floor.

Other than that, I love what you have done!

<edit>I originally installed Gunmetal 1.0. I currently have Gunmetal Remastered. I'm anxious for "ice"</edit>
    2007-07-25 04:42 AM
    i think a white and silver, monochromatic styled version of your set would look amazing. i think the current design is great, but as a bit of a minimalist, a desaturated or toned down series of some type will replace my lame b&w icons in a second. keep up the great work...
    2007-07-25 06:12 AM
    Hey Hollywood can you post your displayorder plist pleaseee?
    Sorry took so long, been at work.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>buttonBar</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>displayIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.apple.mobilephone</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobilesafari</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobileipod</string>
    </dict>
    </array>
    <key>iconList</key>
    <array>

<dict>
    <string>com.apple.MobileSMS</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobilemail</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobilecal</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.Maps</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobileslideshow-Photos</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobileslideshow-Camera</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.youtube</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobiletimer</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.calculator</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobilenotes</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.weather</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.Preferences</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.stocks</string>
    </dict>
    </array>
    <key>special</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.springboard</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.DemoApp</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.fieldtest</string>
    </dict>

<dict>
    <string>com.apple.MALogger</string>
    </dict>
    </array>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    2007-07-25 06:34 AM
    I love this I am playing with the skins alot and I wanted to know how you are doing the DisplayOrder.plist edit and if you could point me to displayorder.plist that is the default in case I want to go back to that

Thanks for any info
    2007-07-25 07:16 AM
    First of all, I just want to let you know I love your work. So anyways, here is what I did with your Gunmetal Remastered. I like the names under the icons and I reordered it because I was used to the stock setup.

Here is another I made for my wife's iPhone in pink. I used your files but with some edits. It turned out pretty good, I think.
    Last edited by mgregor; 2007-07-25 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-07-25 09:46 AM
    UPDATES ON PAGE 1!!!

UPDATES ON PAGE 1!!!

UPDATES ON PAGE 1!!!
    2007-07-25 03:07 PM
    Very nice i love the new looks
    2007-07-25 03:30 PM
114 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD