User Tag List

2008-04-19 10:49 PM
    Customize 2.0 already has this without adding code...
    2008-04-19 10:54 PM
    code? ...
    2008-04-20 03:53 AM
    How about this one?

2008-04-20 05:37 AM
    alright, you guys are doing this the HARD way. it is much easier than kylgore originally posted. sure it works, but since you dont have the unlock button in customize if you change back to a slider in customize, there is no way to get the unlock button back without SCP. you need to put the buttons under "main slider" in customize so you can change freely between button and slider without SCP. to do this you need to...

open your ipod/phone in SCP go to private>var>root>library>customize>MainSliderImage s where you can see all the packages you downloaded from installer. right click and hit "new directory". name it "tap to unlock" or something like that.

open that and drag in all the buttons kylgore posted. now, YOU MUST RENAME THEM OR THE WONT WORK. name them ANYTHING as long as you change them (you can make them numbers if you want because you wont see the names in customize).

now go to customize>main slider on your ipod/phone and scroll down until you find the "tap to unlock" package (or whatever you named the new directory), and you should see all the tap to unlock buttons you added (the ends will get cut off because that section was designed for sliders, not big long buttons)

now go back to customize and go to springboard strings and replace "slide to unlock" with several spaces.

you can now change freely between buttons and sliders. (:

i hope this helped you
    2008-04-27 03:51 AM
    so i got the tap to unlock to work correctly, but now when i get a text message it says tap to unlock, but now there is text behind it glowing....but only when i get a text message... any thoughts on fixing this???
    2008-05-05 05:36 PM
    Here is my mainslider image that I use. It is Hitman logo on transparent background.
    PS: It does look like it's on black, but it is transparent. Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Tap To Unlock buttons-mainslider.png  
    Last edited by iBlade; 2008-05-05 at 11:57 PM.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
    2008-05-05 11:53 PM
    OK I accidentally deleted the backup of the original slider. ha

Can someone post it for me? :/
    2008-05-06 12:45 AM
    I took the great work you all did in this thread including the killer icons in the first post and made a tap to power down. Just edited strings to remove the slide to power down string and made an icon inspired by the basic Tap To Unlock icon.

Admittedly my icon is not as good as original poster's. If you want to make your own feel free it's a 275x47 pixel png (can just use the ones here as a base) and name it bottombarknobred.png. You copy the file to the same location as the tap to unlock icon.
    Attached Files
    2008-05-25 06:05 AM
    Here is my Springboard.string, but take care.
    It is for german language in the German.lproj folder.

Herr K.
    What I dont understand: I thougt the line slide_to_answer or slide_to_unlock must be empty.
    But in Mister Ks strings its still:

<string>slide to answer</string>

2008-07-19 04:38 PM
    I use the tap to unlock method too to get to my homescreen. Bit faster that way.

These are awesome btw. Great job !
    2008-07-21 02:48 PM
    Fantastic!!! Can you also post "answer call" and "power off" icons too?
    2008-08-16 08:27 AM
    I'm on pwnaged 2.0.2 firmware and can't find the TelephonyUI.framework folder; is this still possible on 2.0 firmware?
    2008-08-27 05:52 PM
    Can you winterboard this and put it on cydia?
    I like the hot-swapping ability of winterboard, as opposed to the editing
    2008-08-29 04:50 PM
    I'm on pwnaged 2.0.2 firmware and can't find the TelephonyUI.framework folder; is this still possible on 2.0 firmware?
    You can find TelephonyUI.framework under /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks.

I updated Firmware to 2.1 on my Iphone and changed the png's in the PrivateFramework Folder.
    After a Reboot i got the "tap to unlock" Button, but i still have a gleaming "LO" at the right side of the button.

So i tried to change the SpringBoard.strings like this:

<string> </string>

But the gleaming is still there. Did anyone try the tap to unlock Buttons under 2.1?

Last edited by Mister K.; 2008-09-23 at 07:27 PM.
    2008-09-23 07:15 PM
    Please look in Cydia i've posted a working tap to unlock, power down, and answer call theme that is winterboard friendly.
    2008-09-26 06:06 AM
    Thx for the answer. I already found the problem: converting the SpringBoard.strings to an editable file caused some error.

After this, i got an original and edited file in another forum and now it works with my personal buttons.

Mitster K.
    2008-09-26 08:40 AM
    Please look in Cydia i've posted a working tap to unlock, power down, and answer call theme that is winterboard friendly.
    Thanks for this! Tapping on "unlock" and "answer call" work for me, but power down still requires a swipe (even though the new graphic says "tap.")

I'm on an iPhone 3G.

How can I fix this?
    2008-09-26 10:30 PM
38 12