I want to make some custom locking sounds and msg incomming sounds what program can i use to convert to caf?
    2007-10-30 10:54 PM
    Find a program that converts to .aiff then change extension to .caf.
    2007-10-30 11:09 PM
    thanks
    2007-10-30 11:11 PM
    [QUOTE=prophet;78956]I want to make some custom locking sounds and msg incomming sounds what program can i use to convert to caf?[/QUOTE

I used Adobe Audition to save mp3 or what have you to AIF and then changed the extension to CAF as above.
    2007-10-30 11:15 PM
    wanna convert an mp3 for me?? i've been looking for a free one online but no love...
    2007-11-03 05:21 PM
    nevermind you can do it with itunes...
    2007-11-05 09:18 AM
    If I want to add a sound to an action, where should I place the file to be able to activate it through 'customize.app'?

I've tried uplading the sound in the directory system/library/audio/UIsounds but I cannot locate it in the iphone..
    any help with this?

thank you!!

If I want to add a sound to an action, where should I place the file to be able to activate it through 'customize.app'?

I've tried uplading the sound in the directory system/library/audio/UIsounds but I cannot locate it in the iphone..
    any help with this?

thank you!!
    To add and change sounds through customize I found that the folder is
    var/root/library/customize/audiofiles/*folder*/*sound.aif

cheers though!
    Last edited by mex_24; 2007-11-06 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-06 03:21 AM
    How can u conver file to aiff with iTunes? Can't find a way
    2007-11-09 11:17 AM
    check your PM
    2007-11-21 05:20 PM
    Can you also PM me about how to convert MP3 to aif in iTunes?
    thx.
    buang
    2007-12-02 04:57 PM
    i just converted mp3's to wav then replaced the (incoming sms and lock/unlock) files i wanted to, thru the phonebrowser
    2007-12-04 11:48 AM
    Find a program that converts to .aiff then change extension to .caf.
    i am running windows vista home premium and have no problem changing the files into .aiff but when i try to place them anywhere outside itunes to rename into .caf it doesnt let me. i can change the name but not the file extencion because it does not show it. please help
    2008-06-06 12:10 AM
    I replace the new-mail.caf file with a new one that is one second long, with the same name, converted to aif in iTunes, then renamed to new-mail.caf by me, placed in the right folder - (UISounds) and the sound will not work. I put the original back, and the original works fine. Are there special properties that it needs to have? Is there something else I am missing?

I replace the new-mail.caf file with a new one that is one second long, with the same name, converted to aif in iTunes, then renamed to new-mail.caf by me, placed in the right folder - (UISounds) and the sound will not work. I put the original back, and the original works fine. Are there special properties that it needs to have? Is there something else I am missing?
    I'm using Vista on an iPhone 3g jailbroken using WinSCP to SSh into it.
    Last edited by dboone21; 2008-07-28 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-28 05:27 AM
    Sony Sound Forge saves as .aif, and you can convert it as stated above.
    2008-08-01 03:16 AM

I'm using Vista on an iPhone 3g jailbroken using WinSCP to SSh into it.
    Did you solve this? I am seeing the same behaviour...?
    2008-08-06 12:38 PM
    i am running windows vista home premium and have no problem changing the files into .aiff but when i try to place them anywhere outside itunes to rename into .caf it doesnt let me. i can change the name but not the file extencion because it does not show it. please help
    open explorer (or just double click on your "my computer")

click on "organize"

click on "folder and search options"

click on the "view" tab

uncheck "hide extensions for known file types"

also click on "show hidden files and folders"

voila
    2008-08-06 01:43 PM
    Did you solve this? I am seeing the same behaviour...?
    Same here....
    2008-08-07 03:11 AM
    If you got some "no sound" problem, try the stuff I posted here, basically it's just to reboot the iphone after you uploaded your new ringtone.
    2008-08-07 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD