ok, i've tried iphoneringtonemaker, no luck, i've followed a few different write ups that i've found linked, no luck.

i've tried creating them in itunes, no luck,

i'm about to go insane, i need my custom ringtones!!!

has anyone found a good solid way to get them to work??

on a vista laptop btw
    2007-10-31 03:15 AM
    This worked great for me. All my ringtones stay put regardless. A little work changing extensions of the ringtones, etc, but works great.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ight=ringtones
    2007-10-31 03:22 AM
    i will definitely try that when i get home where i have a good wifi connection. i get horrible service in this concrete bunker of a school i'm in. hopefully this works for me

sweet.. works like a charm. thanks for the link to that write up, i didn't see it eariler
    Last edited by zbaber; 2007-10-31 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-31 06:29 AM
    get the SendSong from Installer.app
    will play any song you have on phone
    select edit and there is an option rington
    click and you are done
    2007-10-31 07:56 AM
    does this send song really work?? any testimonials?
    2007-11-01 09:09 PM
    Sendsong v.19e sometimes work, sometimes it doesn't. I have 1.1.1
    Erica is working on version 2.0 so you might want to wait.
    In the mean time check this thread

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12758
    2007-11-01 09:19 PM

Ill agree that this does work (how I used my ringtone) But I had to do it in these steps...

1. Move song to itunes
    2. Change format to AAC
    3. Sync with Ifone
    4. Go to Sendsong
    5. Find your ringtone (tend to be at the very bottom) and send to ringtones
    6. Go to settings and set it as your ringtone
    7. Enjoy life when people call and you hear the Futurama theme song. (or your song of choice)

Sendsong wouldnt let me just choose any song as a ringtone... I actually had to do these steps with songs currently on my phone.
    (Fancy quote from a dead guy...)

Show your appreciation by using the button.

Make.SURE.You.""
    2007-11-01 09:22 PM
    2007-11-01 10:16 PM
    Use iToner!
    2007-11-01 10:24 PM
    Ill agree that this does work (how I used my ringtone) But I had to do it in these steps...

1. Move song to itunes
    2. Change format to AAC
    3. Sync with Ifone
    4. Go to Sendsong
    5. Find your ringtone (tend to be at the very bottom) and send to ringtones
    6. Go to settings and set it as your ringtone
    7. Enjoy life when people call and you hear the Futurama theme song. (or your song of choice)

Sendsong wouldnt let me just choose any song as a ringtone... I actually had to do these steps with songs currently on my phone.
    wow i just found this out and i was here to share but i gues it was obvious info lol, but yeah that worked for me, just when i thought my life was gonna be without custome ringtones i did this and now i have my ringtonez back
    2007-11-02 12:24 AM
    If you use the itunes method, which is drop a ringtone into the music library and right click on it and then click on convert selection to AAC. If itunes isnt set to convert to AAC then go to edit/preferences/advanced and click on importing tab then make sure the Import Using is set to AAC encoder. Now that converted file is saved in CDocuments and Settings\"Your user name"\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music or a different folder if you changed that location under edit/preferences/advanced and then the general tab. Once you have found that file you can right click on it and change it from a .m4a to a .m4r. While renaming that make sure you put a space between the song and the file extension, i.e testsong .m4r. That space there is key to get the song to work. Then transfer that song to the root/library/ringtones directory. I used IphoneBrowser to transfer the song. I have tried this several times and it has worked everytime. I have also synced my iphone and the ringtones are still saved and are still working. Hope this works for for those who were having problems...
    2007-11-04 05:14 AM
    One hint with iphoneringtonemaker:

It works fine as long as you don't use the preview function.
    2007-11-04 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD