i did the boss fix, and rebooted etc still nothing. ive searched but the fixes people mention are all greek to me

bump. it sucks having no theme!
    Last edited by jonbig04; 2008-04-26 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-26 10:58 AM
    the only option you have left is to learn greek

have you been able to access the files on your iphone using SSH?
    2008-04-26 11:00 AM
    SSH?? im not sure what that is.
    2008-04-26 11:01 AM
    Don't worry about what it is...complete and total understanding isnt necessary

you need to find an SSH client, for windows use WinSCP (google it ) or for Mac, try Cyberduck

when you have either of those, give me a shout and i'll walk you through it
    2008-04-26 11:07 AM
    im trying to get cyberduck right now.

...the website seems to be down currently
    Last edited by jonbig04; 2008-04-26 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-26 11:17 AM
    !Just download the SMB compatability patch through installer. Theres like 7 diffrent patches that have this patch. Just look forn it!
    2008-04-26 11:21 AM
    if you can't find CyberDuck, there are other programs you can try...for now i'll post a walkthrough for Cyberduck

Once you have the program up and running, click the 'Open Connection' button. You should get a new window drop down asking for some info.

for protocol, select 'SFTP (SSH Secure blah blah blah)'
    for Server, you need to type your iPhone/iPoT IP address...you can find this by going into your system settings (on your iPhone), Wifi settings, and hitting the blue arrow next to your connection
    for UserName, type in 'root' (no speech marks)
    for Password, type in 'alpine' (no speech marks)
    Leave all the other info as it is, and click connect

you should now have access to your iphone, and should see a pair of folders well done, your looking at the files on your iphone

you then need to navigate to /private/var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes if your new themes arent there, you need to put them there

Installer will automatically download any new themes you choose to /private/var/root/library/summerboard/themes. You'll have to cut them from this directory and paste them into the correct directory

(green = the right directory, red is the wrong one )
    2008-04-26 11:29 AM
    thanks for the great write up. im having some trouble connecting with my iphone, its trying again now

geeze im so close. IP address is right, sftp, root and alpine...not sure why its not connecting

ok it connected, but at the bottom it says SFTP sub system ready and i dont see any folder, do i wait?
    Last edited by jonbig04; 2008-04-26 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-26 11:49 AM
    hmmm...make sure your iphone is active...no black screen, no lock screen whilst you're connecting?

edit: oh, and do you have the BSD sub system and OpenSSH installed on your iPhone? you can get both via installer
    Last edited by Argo_Rei; 2008-04-26 at 11:55 AM.
    2008-04-26 11:53 AM
    yes it connected, but still stuck where it says SFTP sub system ready

waiting paid off, the folders are there.
    Last edited by jonbig04; 2008-04-26 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-26 11:58 AM
    make sure you have OpenSSH/BSD sub system installed on your iphone...if you've followed all of the above steps, once you click connect, you should get a pop up message. (click yes, ok, accept...cant remember what the pop up message is from the top of my head ) and you should be in...

EDIT wahey! let me know how you get on
    2008-04-26 11:58 AM
    ok i navigated as per your instructions, however the themes ARE there...hmmm
    2008-04-26 12:07 PM
    hmmm...very odd! definately in private/var/MOBILE/library/summerboard/themes?

at this point you're out of my league i can only suggest uninstalling summerboard, reinstalling and trying again
    2008-04-26 12:10 PM
    yep i checked and re checked, well im sure the problem lies in here somewhere! thanks for getting me closer!
    2008-04-26 12:14 PM
    no problem matey, sorry i couldnt help any further than that...

look on the bright side though, you figured out how to SSH into your iphone
    2008-04-26 12:25 PM
    I DID IT!!!! i had to click info on on the summer board files and the themes and some other BS and behold the permission boxes were inside! i checked them all and voila!
    2008-04-26 01:00 PM
    unusual... permissions are never an issue when i transfer themes i guess your phone's more secure than mine

glad it worked bonus, you can manually install themes you might not be able to find on installer for example (shameless advertising ) here
    2008-04-26 01:32 PM
    I just manually added your themes! thanks for your help.
    2008-04-26 08:31 PM
    if you can't find CyberDuck, there are other programs you can try...for now i'll post a walkthrough for Cyberduck

Once you have the program up and running, click the 'Open Connection' button. You should get a new window drop down asking for some info.

for protocol, select 'SFTP (SSH Secure blah blah blah)'
    for Server, you need to type your iPhone/iPoT IP address...you can find this by going into your system settings (on your iPhone), Wifi settings, and hitting the blue arrow next to your connection
    for UserName, type in 'root' (no speech marks)
    for Password, type in 'alpine' (no speech marks)
    Leave all the other info as it is, and click connect

you should now have access to your iphone, and should see a pair of folders well done, your looking at the files on your iphone

you then need to navigate to /private/var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes if your new themes arent there, you need to put them there

Installer will automatically download any new themes you choose to /private/var/root/library/summerboard/themes. You'll have to cut them from this directory and paste them into the correct directory

(green = the right directory, red is the wrong one )

hello Argo...
    i already follow ur instruction.. but when i want to cut and paste,it can't... when i right click,dont have option to cut or paste...
    pls show me how to transfer that theme to right location...

Bump.....!!!!!!!:d
    Last edited by crowerking; 2008-04-28 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-28 11:50 AM
    drag the file onto your desktop, navigate to the correct folder and drag it back into place
    2008-04-28 10:15 PM
25 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD