Quick question. Can I download firmwares from Apple, say like when 1.1.5 or whatever comes out if I have it Jailbreaked? Will it remove any of my apps I received through jailbreaking it? Thanks.
    2008-04-27 03:38 AM
    Well, you can probably find firmware 2.0 (not 1.1.5) as like, a torrent or something. Or if you are apartmof the SDK people you could quite possibly get a copy. No idea about that though, so don't quote me on it. As for it getting rid of your apps, every upgrade to another firmware will always put your iPod into restore mode, so yes it will get rid of your apps. I don't think that its possible to get firmwares onto your iPod from the installer app, just upgrading/downgrading basebands. But again, not entirely sure. Hope that helps.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.
    2008-04-27 04:46 AM
    Thank you. So I currently have 1.1.3. If I want to upgrade to 1.1.4 I would have to rejailbreak it upon completing the installation, right? I saw something on installer that was like the 1.1.3 upgrade.Is it possible that I can install 1.1.4's features through installer if someone makes an app like that?
    2008-04-27 09:29 PM
    Yes, there are developers who have made applications that "soft" upgrade tour firmware. I can't think of the sources for them, or who they come from, but I've seen apps that can give you a soft upgrade. But, I would just back up my apps, restore to 1.1.4, then jailbreak using iLiberty+/iNdependence.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.
    2008-04-28 04:22 AM
    does anyone know how to utilize TimeCapsule app when it comes to upgrading firmware?
    2008-05-12 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD