I finished revising this theme to work with the new firmware and summerboard, and there are two versions, one with blue behind the pagination dots and the other without. It looks more authentic if don't use the "Dots" version. There are a lot of Legacy apps in here as I used PlainJane for my list of Apps.

I consolidated similar apps, so if you are running any app launcher the icon just says Launcher, the same goes for IRC clients since the odds are that you are only running one they all just say IRC.

Turn off icon and dock labels and it doesn't matter if you skip last row or only have a couple of apps on your second or third pages.

Le me know if you guys run into any issues.

http://www.darngooddesign.com/iPhone/PANTONE.zip

http://www.darngooddesign.com/iPhone/PANTONE-DOTS.zip

Cheers
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.
    2007-11-02 04:19 PM
    Awesome. Out of curiosity, why add text below the icons on the wallpaper? Is it so that if you have a bunch hidden, there will be something there?

Oh, and you should release this in different colors.
    Last edited by delt23; 2007-11-03 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-03 09:05 PM
    prolly so you can set summerboard to hide icon names and have his icon names show instead?
    2007-11-03 10:07 PM
    Both Alex, the original designer of this theme, and I tried to figure out the most seamless way for it to work. If the icons contained the Pantone number they would be out of order since Customize doesn't really work past Page 1.

For it to look most authentic the entire screen has to be filled with Pantone info. Since the icons just cover up the word Pantone your screen looks accurate even if you have only one app on the page.
    e.g. If I had removed "Pantone" from the wallpaper, unless you had 16 apps on each page it would look wierd having just the numbers where you didn't have apps.

Its not 1.0.2 friendly because the apps have been moved up to accomodate the pagination dots. To be perfectly honest, ever since AppSnap there really isnt a reason to stay on 1.0.2 so I'm not worried about it.

Hope that made sense.

PS. I gave him my PSD files for alignment so he should be rockin out a 1.1.1 friendly version of Color Grid.
    Last edited by darngooddesign; 2007-11-04 at 02:33 AM.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.
    2007-11-04 02:26 AM
    Makes perfect sense and it looks great.
    2007-11-04 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD