Im stuck with a bit of a problem, I recently download the latest firmware v1.2 / 2.0 beta 4 and install it on the phone, and then finally realize that I cannot find anything to unlock beta4. I tried to downgrade back v1.1.4 but I got an 1604 error in iTunes and now the best I can do is reinstall v1.2 and get stuck with the purple screen...

My question is:

1. Is there anyone out there that successfully unlock/jailbreak v1.2 (SDK 2.0) beta 4, and if yes with which tool (by the way Im on MACOS).

2. If there's no such tools, how can I downgrade back to 1.1.4, and get rid of the 1604 error in this specific case, I tried everything that they say on this address: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307007 without any success.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
    Last edited by ROm222; 2008-05-02 at 08:36 AM.
    2008-05-02 03:35 AM
    Try entering DFU mode then restoring to 114. With the beta 2 I had to go to DFU mode, then restore to 1.0.2 then 114 and it worked.
    2008-05-02 06:49 AM
    I was hoping more that some can point me how to unlock the latest firmware but... I'll give it a shot...

Just a question what is the difference between recovery mode and DFU mode? Is it the same or I'm missing something?

Cheers for the advice though!
    2008-05-02 07:22 AM
    rOm22,you can use PWNAGE,thats the only way for now.
    By that time it upgraded your baseband,so DFU restore and PWNAGE wont save you,you need to downgrade back to 1.1.4(through recovery) and try iClarified package with erasing the baseband...
    Good Luck!
    You got yourself into a BIG trouble though...
    Last edited by Apple iPie; 2008-05-02 at 07:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    2008-05-02 07:37 AM
    i sent a pm wid detailed instructions
    2008-05-02 07:38 AM
    Hi Please help me !!!
    before i use iPhone V1.1.4 everything is ok and i just donwload iPhone v2.0 (iPhone1_1_2.0_5A225c_Restore.ipsw) and i restore by iTune v7.6.1.9 it ok, but when my phone stat it is LOCK and don't have signal, i can't call out or SMS. please put here out to unlock it.
    2008-05-02 09:09 AM
    Hi Please help me !!!
    before i use iPhone V1.1.4 everything is ok and i just donwload iPhone v2.0 (iPhone1_1_2.0_5A225c_Restore.ipsw) and i restore by iTune v7.6.1.9 it ok, but when my phone stat it is LOCK and don't have signal, i can't call out or SMS. please put here out to unlock it.
    Dude,I hope noone will help you here,LEAKING is not a good thing,so downloading it from torrents is WAREZ.

I can suggest you a DFU restore on 1.1.4 through iTunes and unlocking with Ziphone though...
    2008-05-02 09:25 AM
    I will help by advising you to put your question in an iPhone thread. I have never dealt basebands and other stuff.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!
    2008-05-05 07:06 PM
    I have a simular problem: It shows error 1604 when I try to restore with iTunes.

I have an (OOTB 1.1.2) AT&T iPhone with no contract

What I did:

- Had a working ziphoned (unlocked) 1.1.4 iphone
    - pwnaged it with 1.1.4 => worked fine
    - upgraded to firmware 2.0 beta 3 with pwnage => worked fine
    - upgraded to beta 4 (I am now in the iPhone dev program and wanted to test my app)
    - got the pink screen with emergency slider
    - tried to activate it using ziphone
    - now pink screen is gone and the iPhone is always on DFU mode (Black screen with itunes logo and cable)

When I tryto get out of DFU mode with Ziphone it says:

Checking ZiPhone integrity...
    i386
    Searching for iPhone...

And nothing happens. Seems like Ziphone does not find the iPhone

When I try it with iTunes, it recognizes that there is an iPhone in DFU Mode. When I try to restore it it stops with Error 1604. Nothing happens on the iPhone screen. It is only showing the DFU Screen. No status bar or spinning wheel ...

Please help!!!!!

Thanks,
    holeg
    2008-05-07 11:17 AM
    if you are on windows vista or maybe xp,downlard idemocracy3 ,JAILBREAK your iphone 2.0,yes.maybe the iphone it will brick or.........
    after that iphone screen will keep show lot text xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,and the iphone will keep restart.but not too worry,now keep HOLD POWER and HOME BUTTON (i think about 1 minutes)untill the iphone turn-off,then hold the HOME button ,keep hold it connect your iphone,the phone should in DFU model,now you can restore 1.1.4 firmware,i dont know it will work or not,u may try it see what happens.
    hope this help.
    2008-05-07 01:53 PM
    I have a simular problem: It shows error 1604 when I try to restore with iTunes.

What I did:
    - Had a working ziphoned (unlocked) 1.1.4 iphone
    - pwnaged it with 1.1.4 => worked fine
    - upgraded to firmware 2.0 beta 3 with pwnage => worked fine
    - upgraded to beta 4 (I am now in the iPhone dev program and wanted to test my app)
    - got the pink screen with emergency slider
    - tried to activate it using ziphone
    - now pink screen is gone and the iPhone is always on DFU mode (Black screen with itunes logo and cable)
    When I tryto get out of DFU mode with Ziphone it says:
    Checking ZiPhone integrity...
    i386
    Searching for iPhone...
    And nothing happens. Seems like Ziphone does not find the iPhone
    When I try it with iTunes, it recognizes that there is an iPhone in DFU Mode. When I try to restore it it stops with Error 1604. Nothing happens on the iPhone screen. It is only showing the DFU Screen. No status bar or spinning wheel ...
    Please help!!!!!
    Thanks,
    holeg
    i am having the same problem on a iphone .
    ziphone wont detect the iphone and iliblerty wont eather but itunes does iv tried it on another pc and the pc detects it but says " a problem has ecured during installation and new hardware might not work' and it doesent work.

iv tried uninstaling itunes and holding lock buton and home buton and then same thing happends but the only firmware i can restore to it the 2.0 beta but thats usless coz i just get the pink screen

plz plz plz plz plz help

thanks josh
    2008-05-11 10:04 PM
    i had this problem......i used the original ibrickr to get my phone back up and running.....then i had to restore it to 1.1.4 i dont want to bother w/ the 2.0 ryte now i rather wait.
    2008-05-13 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD