User Tag List

Well, just about 2 hours ago i was messing around with the terminal. Being the idiot i am, I changed the password to something else (didn't think it would change the entire system password) Now whenever I try to boot up my ipod, I get the logo screen. I thought, well i guess I'll have to restore, but after trying ten times, It doesn't go into restore mode. I really need some help here . I cannot check my iTunes to see if it connects at the moment, so if you ask about that, It may take a bit for me to reply. Thanks

-Al

Edit: I'm on fw 1.1.4 and just realized that it's messed up big time. I really need some help here
    Last edited by Safari Al; 2008-05-02 at 05:49 PM.
    2008-05-02 05:08 PM
    Hi, I do the same thing with BSD Subsystem... With Cydia, no problem, you can change root and mobile passwds...

To put the pod into restore mode just power off the iPod by holding power and home button a few seconds (release them before the reboot).

Then just plug the iPod while holding the home button until the iTunes logo appears...

It's not a bad idea to change the passwds but to do this by the mobile terminal you must install Cydia first (present in the "all packages" section in the installer)...
    You can install Cydia without the bsd subsystem installed first but if you do so you need "fake bsd subsystem" in order to install all of the applications (personnaly i install bsd subsystem first so i don't need the fake).

!!!With Cydia installed this is forbidden to install bsd subsystem again!!!
    2008-05-02 06:30 PM
    Try DFU restoring?
    2008-05-02 06:55 PM
    Ok first off,
    I cannot connect to itunes. I cannot get into restore mode 13domino. This is not going that well for me
    2008-05-02 08:44 PM
    Look up on Google or MMi on how to SSH into your iPod Touch to change the password. Maybe that'll solve your issue?
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.
    2008-05-03 03:00 AM
    He mean manually put it in restore mode:

Easiest way
    Turn off your iPod
    Hold the home button
    plug in your ipod so it turns on, but keep holding the home button
    once the restore with iTunes logo comes up, your ipod is in restore mode.
    2008-05-03 03:02 AM
    There is nothing you can do until you get to a computer. Wait to put it in Recovery mode until then. For now just leave it off.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!
    2008-05-05 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD