i cant get this to work ive tried everything and it still wont go to my ringtones folder. i conver and wen i rename it it goes right back into my library and not my ringtones folder can someone help me please
    me to
    2007-12-30 07:43 PM
    Just incase....
    This trick WILL NOT WORK on M4P files !!! only on m4a..

Apple M4P files are encrypted so if you just change the file extension you end up with a folder that NOTHING will recognize (well let me rephrase that) NOTHING will play them...
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 2007-12-30 at 09:21 PM.
    2007-12-30 09:17 PM
    hey where do i patch the mecca file to?
    2008-01-08 10:38 PM
    On Vista you do same thing as on XP...all simple
    2008-01-09 03:23 AM
    On Vista you do same thing as on XP...all simple
    were you talkiing to me? i dont know how to patch it in general... does anyone know how or where to replace the original mecca file with the new patched file? thanks.
    2008-01-09 04:19 AM
    I'm having trouble with the following:

The Ringtones converted and added to my "Ringtone" section of iTunes absolutely fine, but when I synced, they didn't show up on my iPhone.

Any help please!?
    2008-01-19 07:38 PM
    Okay - SOMEONE, ANYONE, PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    THe basics - I have an Out of The Box 1.1.2 iPod, unlocked with Hypersim. iTunes 7.5. Running Windows XP.
    I need a BASIC explanation of this whole "Mecca" thing. WHere do I go, what EXACTLY do I do? Please be very specific. Step by step PLEASE! I don't understand where to go and what to do or what a Mecca is!!!
    I am one of those that converted the files to .m4r, got them in iTunes and working in iTunes, synced onto my iPhone and they show up under "custom ringtones" on my iPhone but when selected they DO NOT play!
    THank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me out
    2008-01-25 06:30 AM
    PM me with a link to the file that won't play (or for the others wont show up in ringtones) and I'll check them out to see what's up with them...
    2008-01-25 10:44 PM
    Hi All,

i have just got a Macbook and was trying to convert some of my mp3 to customize ringtone for my iPhone (1.1.2 otb). I have followed the following procedure:

1) select mp3
    2)right click "convert to AAC"
    3)drag out the converted aac file to desktop and rename it to .m4r
    4) double click on the file after renaming.

after double clicking the file does not go into the ringtone section instead it went to the music library section. i have re tried this many times but not able to resolve this issue.

Can someone guide me? Thanks

** before i got my Macbook everything was done on a pc with XP pro.
    2008-02-06 04:59 PM
    use iringer
    it way easier u can edit any song in itunes
    2008-02-06 05:45 PM
    iringer is for windows. is there any app for mac?
    2008-02-07 11:11 AM
71 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD