how do i change some icons after installling it?i wanna change icons like stocks and all?
    2008-05-29 01:05 AM
    guess this ISN'T ready for prime time yet huh? whew! glad I waited and didnt install....
    2008-05-29 03:59 AM
    How do you add the SMS icon on the dock so it fits like the Internet and iPod icons
    guys you need to SSH the icons to iphone : root/mobile/library/summerboard/themes/vistaPerfection2.0/icons

it will prompt you to replace the SMS icon

here are the icons to download

SMS DOCK ICON
    VistaPerfection 2.0-text.png

MAIL SPRINGBOARD ICON

VistaPerfection 2.0-mail.png
    2008-05-29 04:16 AM
    Hi,
    My sliders, sounds, wifi and edge wasn't restored back to normal when I uinstalled Vista Perfection. Do I have to do anything speciel after uinstalling to get it back to the normal Apple look?
    2008-05-29 09:41 AM
    how do i get the vista sounds i installed using installer.
    2008-05-29 10:04 AM
    wow the pack is unbelievable.
    2 thumbs up
    2008-05-29 10:05 AM
    I'm having this problem as well: I can't figure out how to turn off the "auto arrange" or whatever it is doing.

when i put my icons in the right order then put my "extra" icons in categories the whole thing clumps together and i lose the correct form of the sidebar and everything. can someone help me please?
    2008-05-29 04:15 PM
    Hello!

Please help me: i would like to uninstall vista perfection 2.0 , but i do not know how to?

can u please tell me..

THX
    2008-05-29 07:56 PM
    Thank you very much for sharing this great work.
    Last edited by HVC; 2008-05-30 at 12:12 AM.
    2008-05-29 11:15 PM
    Hi ebl,

Thanks for addressing the iPod Touch compatibility issue. That was nice of you. I am missing the Restore and 'Login' pictures among some others. Are they just not compatible with iPod Touch?

Thanks
    2008-05-30 03:09 AM
    Thanks for all the work! I love thise theme
    *T*Mo**
    2008-05-30 03:27 AM
    can you make an ipod touch version? so i dont have to manually change the icons / rename... like the phone icon vista home button = music? video in bot bar and stuff?

also can you make the top bar without the minimuze and maximize button? it looks wierd on the coverflow for music
    2008-05-30 06:38 AM
    I know a few of us a looking for a good way to un-do the installer's failed 'install'. It 'says' the files are backed up... but WHERE? and if not, can someone release a package of the original files that are overwritten by the installer?

Since this failed on me, i went ahead and manually installed all the icons, etc. It's definitely a great looking theme... but i don't like not being able to undo things.

Thanks in advance to whoever has this knowledge and to ebl4287 for the badass theme.
    2008-05-30 01:58 PM
    anyone who has problems with uninstalling and getting original back up back can possibly use customize 2 and just restore to default backup. that should get your original files back. just an idea
    2008-05-30 02:26 PM
    probably would have worked had i had it installed and had a backup before the Vista Perfection installation overwrote my icons.

thanks for the idea.

i guess the next possibility there is finding WHERE this backup goes on someone else's untouched icons, and copying them.
    2008-05-30 10:34 PM
    probably would have worked had i had it installed and had a backup before the Vista Perfection installation overwrote my icons.

thanks for the idea.

i guess the next possibility there is finding WHERE this backup goes on someone else's untouched icons, and copying them.
    there is original backup already loaded in customize 2. so as soon as u install it u gonna have it there ready...
    2008-05-30 10:54 PM
    I'm having this problem as well: I can't figure out how to turn off the "auto arrange" or whatever it is doing.

when i put my icons in the right order then put my "extra" icons in categories the whole thing clumps together and i lose the correct form of the sidebar and everything. can someone help me please?
    i made a tutorial on how to put spacers between your icons here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/skinnin...ml#post1079951
    Last edited by bootareen; 2008-05-31 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-31 04:02 AM
    Ok, here it goes.

This assumes you have uninstalled the VistaPerfection theme and that you have deleted the icons that still showed up in the SB (i.e. control panel, recycle bin, etc..)

These steps will re-install the iphone’s default EDGE icon, Slider image, Locked/Unlocked sounds

First, you need to locate the original iphone files:

1. SSH into your iphone (of course, you know this already ) and browse into /private/var/mobile/Library/VistaPerfection. You’ll see 3 folders here: Springboard app, telephoneUIframework and UISounds. These are the original iphone icons/sounds

2. Copy these 3 folders to somewhere convenient (I put in onto the Desktop for easy access)

Then, we just need to browse into the folders where these icons/sounds are originally located and simply overwrite theVista Perfection files that still sitting in there:

1. Springboard.app goes to System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app.
    Copy the files inside the Springboard app folder and put them into System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app. folder. Just overwrite all the files when asked to do so.

2. TelephoneUIframework goes to System/Library/Frameworks/TelephonyUI.framework
    Again, copy the files inside the TelephoneUIframework folder and put them into System/Library/Frameworks/TelephonyUI.framework and overwrite the files when asked to do so.

3. UISounds goes to System/Library/Audio/UISounds
    Just drop in the 3 sound files from the UISounds folder and overwrite the VistaPerfection files

Disconnect iPhone and Reboot.

2008-05-31 12:23 PM
    I have uninstalled vista perfection 2 but I cannot find a way to delete the recycle, computer, documents and categories icons which is very annoying when using user themes.

Can someone please bring some light into the dark on how to delete these icons?

Ta
    2008-05-31 02:35 PM
    I have uninstalled vista perfection 2 but I cannot find a way to delete the recycle, computer, documents and categories icons which is very annoying when using user themes.

Can someone please bring some light into the dark on how to delete these icons?

Ta
    You can delete the icons through the Categories app.
    2008-05-31 03:25 PM
325 ... 21011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD