I want to use a different icon for an application but the background for the icon is white. so i get the icon that i want + a white square around it. I just want the icon itself to appear.
    2007-11-18 09:50 AM
    Hello R34! Welcome to modmyi.com! My name is Digitol and I will be helping you today. I understand you wish to make your icon background transparent also known as alpha masking. Unfortunately I don't have sufficient information to give you a clear answer. I will since base my reply off the assumption you use photoshop. It is quite simple...please refer to this link: http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/ph...arent/gif.html

I hope this answers your question. If you need anything else here at modmyi.com please let me or another staff member know. Thanks again for your interest in HACKING err...um modding your iphone. -Digitol-

P.S. Just thought I would share, that if you are a MAC OS X leopard user, alpha-masking images is built-in to Preview.app. Simply open your image, click and hold on the select tool, and you will see the alpha-channel option.
    2007-11-18 12:10 PM
    doing the way he posted is best but you dont have to do it that way.

you can always just use the magic wand thing highlight the white so its selected hit Delete then Ctrl+a then Ctrl+c to copy it then Ctrl+n to open a new file. Make sure its set to have transparency hit enter then hit Ctrl+v Save for web as a png with transparency and you are set
    Last edited by Travace; 2007-11-18 at 09:49 PM.
    2007-11-18 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD