I tried using iBrickr and it only locks and crashes my 1.1.4. I've had to restore completely twice and twice Ziphone "DO It ALL" it. I now have a solid baseline unlocked, Ziphoned iphone. I want to install custom icons, run my own wallpaper behind the dock and icons, that's all. How do I do it? What am I doing wrong? Tutorials all seem to say run iphone browser but that only shows Apple native folders and no subs. Then I'm told I need to run iBrick fix first...and that locks up my 1.1.4 completely. Any tips?????????at all????
    2008-05-29 06:59 AM
    Well its rather e-z if the steps are right Ill try to make it short and e-z.
    1. yes u need to run Ziphone iBrickr fix (this is so ur phone can be recognized as jailbroken to properly ssh)
    b. The correct source for the fix is found under i.unlock.no (just as I wrote it) No idea why its screwing with ur phone...it shouldnt and this is the 1st case "I" have heard of it doing so, so cross ur fingers and try again *at ur own risk*

2. Go thru installer and install Summerboard, after installation power ur phone off then on, then u'll see the icon.

3. Now, do a search for "iphone kit" here and d/l and install it (the newest version). It has everything u'll need for jailbreaking,modding, and all that other good stuff included. (iphonebrowser,iBrickr,WinScp etc.)

4. Open ur SSH program of choice, and navigate to the location var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes Thats where all ur themes will go. If u have some D/l'ed already go ahead and create a folder,name it, place the dock & wallpaper in there then create another folder under that one named "Icons" (capitolize the "I") and place all the icons in it and ur good. now go in summerboard click themes find the one u just made,set it, go home, and Voila!!!

5. Now to have ur own wallpapers create,resize (320x480) make sure its a PNG, place it in Library/Wallpapers now u can change them where all the other wallys are.

6. U can change what wall apperas on lock screen and homescreen thru summerboard.

Hope this helps, if there are any errors in this post let me know because im just goin off the top of my head, and let me know whow u make out!
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.
    2008-05-29 05:31 PM
    I tried using iBrickr and it only locks and crashes my 1.1.4. I've had to restore completely twice and twice Ziphone "DO It ALL" it. I now have a solid baseline unlocked, Ziphoned iphone. I want to install custom icons, run my own wallpaper behind the dock and icons, that's all. How do I do it? What am I doing wrong? Tutorials all seem to say run iphone browser but that only shows Apple native folders and no subs. Then I'm told I need to run iBrick fix first...and that locks up my 1.1.4 completely. Any tips?????????at all????
    Here ya go: iThemeit does it for you...

Enjoy and share your themes.
    2008-06-01 02:37 AM
    I just have some additional information to share:

1) as LeathaFace said, you can simply add wallpapers to Library/Wallpapers/. Make sure they are .png, and they can be named whatever you want (and any dimensions). They will appear in the Settings > Wallpaper, complete with a thumbnail. They will not show up in your Photos (just like the Apple Wallpapers)

2) Note!!!!: wallpapers from Settings > Wallpapers cannot be modified the same way as Images that you set as wallpapers. For the latter, you can scale, etc. For the former, there are only two scaling options (as far as I can tell): "fit on screen" and "actual size". Bummer.

3) Screenshots: If you used the official Apple Capture tool (Home+Mute Toggle), then a new folder is created in Media (iirc). The files there are named "IMG_000x.TIF". Adding any image besides .tif will have no effect. Renaming the File to "img_000x.tif" format (capital letters are optional) will a) add the picture to the camera roll b) allow you to view it c) will NOT create a thumbnail in the gallery.

Instead of a thumnnail, you will see a 1px grey frame - that's it. However, clicking on it will open up the image just fine.
    2008-06-01 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD