Ive seen that theres a vista theme, which by all means is freakin awsome :P

but i was wondering if anyone has created an XP theme. the reason im asking is because im making one, and actually had it working my last iphone, but then the touch screen gave out on a part of the screen so i had apple replace it under warranty and now theres a customize 2.0 out. and since i have installed customize 2.0 i find it hard to impliment my theme into the new version, i know i could just go back and install the old customize but i wanna keep up to date with the new software.

if anyone has any ideas of what i should add to the xp theme ill try, im no pro :P
    heres a screen shot of when i had it working:

it also had log in and off sounds :P
    2008-06-02 02:38 AM
    it seems a bit low quality.. or is it just the pic?
    i'd also suggest to change the header battery.. put it a pixel down or replace the files with the blue one from the download section - seems better in color
    Thanks is an acknowledgment
    2008-06-02 04:38 AM
    its not really low quality, its the capture program that took the shot that made it look fuzzy, when its actually on the iphone it looks way better, although some of the icons arent as better quality as others, still trying to work on it, afterall this is my first theme :P

but thanks for the feedback
    2008-06-02 05:06 AM
    and thank you for accepting bad feedback. you're an example to others.

btw i'd like to help you if u want and contribute to this theme.. i think it has serious potential
    Thanks is an acknowledgment
    2008-06-02 06:08 PM
    awsome, i edited my profile so you can send me messages via aim, yahoo, and msn

or use my screen names:

yahoo: movalwebmaster
    aim:iconpomona
    msn:[email protected]

ima sit here today and come up with ideas and plans to make the iPhone look and feel like windows xp as much as possible, from login and out, to sounds andschemes, lol

anyone else is welcome to throw in ideas and or help, message me please =]
    2008-06-03 12:27 AM
    Seems like a great idea to me... Maybe a safari theme to match? Or other application images...
    iPwn.

2008-06-03 01:16 AM
    was kinda thinking the same thing, just like windows xp, you can change the theme, but still have the same icons-this sure is alot of work :P

and im still trying to figure out this 2.0 customize thing, i do have the updated version but its not working with the old version of the xp theme i created, so not sure what to think there, im still going to work on the icons and theme and then research on how to put it all together proprerly
    2008-06-03 01:29 AM
    Hate to disappoint you...

I'm currently using am XP-Theme that compared to yours...well...

Credits go to: Bob Vansteel...
    2008-06-03 02:52 AM
    hmmm i prefer the vista theme though
    2008-06-03 02:53 AM
    ill give credit where its due, ill admit looks pretty nice...but what i envisioned and am working on wont look like that :P
    2008-06-03 02:56 AM
    ill give credit where its due, ill admit looks pretty nice...but what i envisioned and am working on wont look like that :P
    Ok, you do seem like a good Theme maker!

good luck!

(btw, you can use Categories to make a read start button AND use screenshot, to take a real screenshot of your ipod)
    2008-06-03 03:50 AM
    If u need some help...give me a holler....
    2008-06-03 07:40 AM
    YES, if anyone can find me the blank icon square that can be used as a default template for creating icons....lol...i know i saw it on this site but ive been going thru alot of forums and alot of reading to do this theme.

and might i add, the picture i originally posted was a quick markup, but what i have visioned is slowly coming together with each mod i do, thanks to everyone on this site =]

expected release date(if all goes to plan): June 10th, 2008
    2008-06-04 07:52 AM
    I was gonna wait til i have finished the entire theme but then though it be nice to give everyone a teaser (and hopefully get some feedback). The pictures posted are of the actuall theme, altough there is still a lot of detail work still to do, icons will be the last thing done as im yet to figure out how i want them to be(any suggestions?)

whats to come?......well heres what im hoping the final product to turn out like:

full system sounds (customizable ex: login, logout, email)
    FULL system theme (not just changed icons)
    Badge graphic changed
    notification window changed
    optional xp backgrounds (most default bgs will be included so u can choose which ever u like if any)
    pretty much a full system change

*and hopefully the locked screen with some sort of kool login to mimic windows(trickiest part yet :P ...haha)

im designing it to work with anyones configurations of icons (unline the vista theme where certain icons have to be in teh right spot otherwise you phone will look funny....lol.....but like i said before, dont get me wrong, the vista theme is freakin awsome and i give props to who created it )

2008-06-04 08:35 PM
    So here it is, the work ive been doing for the last week, while it may not be much to some who have created some pretty good themes, this is my first.

lets start by looking at the downloading of programs thru installers, i remember the first time i messed with installers it was a bit hard to tell what was going on because everything looks the same, now you wont have to worry about that, as the progress bar now pops up nice and red (really grabs ur attention)

how about when turning services on and off, everyones got the boing circle thing that always goes round and round, so i thought id bring back teh traditional hour glass:

same goes for the mail during the refresh period:

although this part may not be all that new, still thought id share it with you, new sms notification icon, and enhinced mail icon also:

whats better that that, well how about when turning services on and off you actually get some COLOR, lol,. red for off and green for on, simple right, better than boring white(and gold for when the slider is active, see

and the best part, my fav, is notification WINDOWS:

i am still working on the keyboard and a few other special details, which is why this is a beta release:

tired of the same ol boring badge graphic, how about tiny windows :

if you look closely youll see super tiny windows (you know the little dots at the bottom that tell you what page ur on, lol, nice touch i might say

how about the internet, yyeaaaa =P

of course it has windows xp system sounds, multiple xp backgrounds to choose from and a few other hidden features that only iphone users will be able to explore =]

however like i said this is just the beta release of my xp theme, as i still have not done the icons yet because of may reasons. i hope everyone who tries this will enjoy it, all feedback

will be greatly appreciated

disclaimer: im not responsible for any damage or loss to ur phone or iPhone. u the end user agree to take full responsibility when using the software and its contained files. if you have

a problem try un installing the most recently installed files

files that will be contained are as follows:
    Keyboard-Latin.artwork
    Other.artwork
    Keyboard-Common.artwork

system sounds (so far)
    lock.caf
    unlock.caf

badge graphic
    network icons-used from the vista theme-i did not create them, but do like them
    various windows backgrounds

and other stuff i dont feel like jotting down..
    WINDOWS XP THEME CREATED BY MOVALWEBMASTER AND TAND12
    FILES WILL BE DOWNLOADABLE THRU REQUEST (EMAIL)

ACTUALL FTP IS UNDERWAY AND LINK WILL BE PROVIDED SOON
    Last edited by movalwebmaster; 2009-03-06 at 07:41 PM. Reason: messed up images links
    2008-06-10 10:47 AM
    I made a Windows Xp Theme Too

2009-04-09 06:51 AM
    it seems a bit low quality.. or is it just the pic?
    i'd also suggest to change the header battery.. put it a pixel down or replace the files with the blue one from the download section - seems better in color
    Xp is low quality....lol
    2009-04-15 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD