Hello

Is there a different way of uploading wallpapers instead of going throuh I Tunes? I know i can synch the photos i want with itunes and then select set as wallpaper, Is there a way do upload wallpapers directly to the wallpapers under General Settings. My I phone is jailbroken and unlocked running 1.1.1
    2007-11-30 04:46 PM
    Create a folder called Wallpaper in the Library folder of your root Directory and load em in there. That way they will show up in your wallpaper section of Settings rather than in your Photos section.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-11-30 05:02 PM
    Create a folder called Wallpaper in the Library folder of your root Directory and load em in there. That way they will show up in your wallpaper section of Settings rather than in your Photos section.
    Can you please give a little more detail please. Just got my phone unlocked and jailbroke 2 days ago. What software do i use. How do i get into the root folder ?
    2007-11-30 05:08 PM
    You can connect to your iPhone using something like iBrickr, iDemocracy or similar (you can download them from this site). Once you connect, you're automatically placed in your root directory. You'll see two folders: Media and Library. You cd into Library and create a new folder and call it "Wallpaper" (case sensitive). Then, simply copy your images to the folder.

You can also install OpenSSH and connect to your iPhone remotely through Wifi using something like WinSCP.
    2007-11-30 05:15 PM
    Perfect I will try that and let you know how it works.

Thanks a lot
    2007-11-30 05:21 PM
    i dont think this works, i have tried, both the true root/library/wallpaper and var/root/library/wallpaper, it doesnt seem to work for either, any idears?
    2007-12-03 06:01 AM
    /Library/Wallpaper/
    is the folder you want. You should see all of the stock wallpapers there too.
    2007-12-03 06:33 AM
    i dont think this works, i have tried, both the true root/library/wallpaper and var/root/library/wallpaper, it doesnt seem to work for either, any idears?
    Are you keeping the case? The filesystem is case-sensitive.

/var/root/Library/Wallpaper or /Library/Wallpaper
    2007-12-03 02:32 PM
    i too followed what you said to do but nothing happened. there is a folder where the original wallpapers are kept...library/Wallpaper....but in order for iphone to recognize them they have to be .png files.
    2007-12-04 10:28 PM
    change the file extension to .png

it will work
    2007-12-05 09:18 AM
    i too followed what you said to do but nothing happened. there is a folder where the original wallpapers are kept...library/Wallpaper....but in order for iphone to recognize them they have to be .png files.
    As an example, load the OSX wallpapers from the installer.app, you will note that they are placed in /var/root/Library/Wallpaper and can be seen in the Wallpaper section of Settings. Note that all pictures placed in either directory must have a thumbnail or the iPhone won't list them.
    2007-12-05 02:06 PM
    Use iDemocracy2...
    2007-12-05 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD