User Tag List

DO not use this theme it has completley messed up the keyboard on EVERY app.

Whenever I open the keyboard up every app that uses a keyboard just crashes. SMS/Notes/Safari.

I repeat do not use
    2008-06-25 05:03 AM
    Ive had this problem in the past... once when I was newbish. lol
    permissons are set wrong, try 755 or 644 its one of those.
    2008-06-25 05:21 AM
    it would be 755.
    2008-06-25 06:17 AM
    I have the same problem! It didn't even install it all the way, my installer froze and returned to the homescreen but the keyboard is messed up now.Where is this app located so I can completely remove it??
    2008-06-25 12:04 PM
    I just downloaded and installed it with no issues. Good thing too, as i saw your post after the fact..
    2008-06-25 02:02 PM
    for all you people having problems what firmware are you on? it says specifically only been tested on 1.1.4.

only issue i am having is that the space bar key and return key does not match the font of all the other keys.

2008-06-25 11:27 PM
    for all you people having problems what firmware are you on? it says specifically only been tested on 1.1.4.

only issue i am having is that the space bar key and return key does not match the font of all the other keys.

The mismatch is due to the unchangeable system font color on the Space bar key.
    Other then that, Works great here as well.

Best keyboard to date.

BTW OP (and others), all modding comes with a slight risk of mishaps.
    No need to cry foul the second something doesn't go as smooth.
    Learn how to do things manually and you will be able to solve all such issues in no time, using nothing more the MobileFinder.
    2008-06-26 12:55 AM
    Thank you Emire S.
    2008-06-26 01:32 AM
    well people...I know u have problem installing/uninstalling this keyboard from Installer..
    I knew really nothing about Installer stuff since I just create the artwork files but since it was in Installer..yeah..all the problem come to me..

I asked people who really know about Installer stuff and they use to say that u need BossTool and have used it to relocate your apps,fonts,and ringtones to ensure installer has enough space to complete the install/uninstall thing..make sure you`ve already installed it first...

I`m truly sorry this thing didn`t come up first...
    my username is katak but I go by [wear]!

MacBook Air Keyboard
    MacBook Black Keyboard
    Mac UI
    2008-06-26 03:22 AM
    Why dont the people who have problems download it from this site, make a copy of their original keyboard, delete their keyboard then click and drag the new one in...

Great keyboard btw katak.
    2008-06-26 07:09 AM
    i got the same problem...keyboard for numeric is fine, but alpha does not work at all...funny enough when I enter a sms destination-adress, keyboard is ok, but when I type the message the keyboard is completelly scrambled and not usable..using a 1.1.4 firmware
    How can i remove it as it does not appear as well in installer under unsinstall ? Thanks. Greg
    2008-06-26 11:20 AM

Whenever I open the keyboard up every app that uses a keyboard just crashes. SMS/Notes/Safari.

I repeat do not use
    I know you got problem with this keyboard but why don`t you warn other people to be careful first instead jump of telling `DO not use this theme'..

I don`t really get it..(sorry to point this out...-coz I felt so bad bout it..)

Why dont the people who have problems download it from this site, make a copy of their original keyboard, delete their keyboard then click and drag the new one in...

Great keyboard btw katak.
    I do totally agree with you..
    Last edited by katak; 2008-06-26 at 11:44 AM.
    my username is katak but I go by [wear]!

MacBook Air Keyboard
    MacBook Black Keyboard
    Mac UI
    2008-06-26 11:40 AM
    well after trying to install it 3 times, I finally got the macbook air application in installer list to uninstall...I was then able to uninstall it...then I switched off my phone, on again and load it again and this time with success...finally...i still have a minor bug, the keyboard does not work in French ( AZERTY) , I only have the numbers, but for the text I have the shift & space from macbook design, but all other keys in the original display....
    Well at least I can use the keyboard in QWERTY with this new design...Cheers...Greg
    2008-06-26 12:06 PM
    I got mine to work form installer first time looks GREAT and works GREAT! I tell people now that my iPhone matches the lap top you are using (I have an AIR) it freaks them out!
    2008-06-26 01:01 PM

I repeat do not use
    katak is right, your post is just a tad on the dramatic side. Because something went wrong with your installation doesn't immediately point to a defect in the material. I installed mine manually, and everything worked fine right off the bat.

So people, if you want to use the coolest keyboard out there, this is the one!
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-06-26 01:19 PM
    so is there a way of resloving this by going in your finder and going thru the files, obv i dont really want to restoree it but weill do cos cant send messages etc...do we know what is need to fix it so its completely off??
    it must have a program it reacts with if there is no trouble on some ppl's phone...

so how do we fix it then? my keyboard has gone completely black and whenm i press backspace it goes to home page. its completely f*****d AND I DONT WANNA RESTOR IT....apprecuiate any help i can get
    Last edited by jespinos; 2008-06-26 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-06-26 01:36 PM
    so is there a way of resloving this by going in your finder and going thru the files, obv i dont really want to restoree it but weill do cos cant send messages etc...do we know what is need to fix it so its completely off??
    it must have a program it reacts with if there is no trouble on some ppl's phone...

so how do we fix it then? my keyboard has gone completely black and whenm i press backspace it goes to home page. its completely f*****d AND I DONT WANNA RESTOR IT....apprecuiate any help i can get
    You need to reload the original artwork that you should have backed up. (does installer backup the original upon instalation?)
    That will revert the kb to the original.
    Also, this is nothing more then a set of images used by the system so I can't imagine any installed software causing issues that I'm aware of.

Good luck
    2008-06-26 02:31 PM
    mine is working smoothly...and i used installer...going to be my permanent keyboard unless someone comes up with a cooler keyboard such as this...great work katak!...more power!
    2008-06-26 03:03 PM
    i dont believe it to be backed up, i cant find it anywhere...where about will the original keyboard be on the phone? what file
    2008-06-26 03:17 PM
    The original artwork files are in /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework

They are Keyboard-Common.artwork and Keyboard-Latin.artwork
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-06-26 03:35 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD