so i spent the last couple days downloading and upgrading everything on my iphone.
    My dad brought it home for me and within the hour I had it jailbroken.
    A million thanks to everyone that contributed, props, and i would donate if I had any money, but I need to buy a car dock so sorry. lolz
    anyway, here is what I did and tell me what you think. my friends that dont have iphones think it is cool but I really want to know what 'real people' think...

i originally had all the icons green but I got bored and had to hue adjust them, i think it looks sick once you get past its "I just got my iphone and didn't really spend any time on it yet" getto-ness

if you want to give me suggestions that would be cool and I really dont care if its negative cuz Im going to change the theme many many times
    thanks againnnnnnnnn
    Attached Thumbnails why I havent slept in 2 days-img_9007.png   why I havent slept in 2 days-img_9006.png   why I havent slept in 2 days-img_9005.png   why I havent slept in 2 days-img_9004.png   why I havent slept in 2 days-img_9003.png  
    2007-12-25 08:29 AM
    omg.. that just looks terrible!!
    2007-12-25 11:12 AM
    WOW!! That was seriouly harsh. give the guy some credit for trying.

keep up the good work! from here it can only get better and dont let some knucklehead put down your efforts!
    2007-12-25 11:37 AM
    omg.. that just looks terrible!!
    i know he said he didnt mind negative comments but jesus dude thats below the belt..

Got to give the lad credit for trying. keep up the good effort mate, you never know after some tinkering and practice you might make one that everyone wants to download and use..
    2007-12-25 11:55 AM
    well.. I'm just being honest. Didn't say he don't deserve credit for trying. But man, it's an iPhone with the most outstanding graphical power and this just looks like it's made with mspaint and not even done good.

I guess he put a lot of effort in it. But when I can't do something good, I just let it be done by other and stick with the thing I can do..
    2007-12-25 01:01 PM
    It does look awful. He wanted criticism, whether it be positive or negative. My criticism is that it looks terrible. Just keep practicing and you'll get better.

Reako
    2007-12-25 10:08 PM

keep up the good work! from here it can only get better and dont let some knucklehead put down your efforts!
    So, basically what you're saying is he can't do any worse?
    To live, you have to lie
    2007-12-25 10:10 PM
    I fully agree with Reako. It's done very poorly. Still, I assume this is just a side-hobby. If he wants to get better he can practice. However, that doesn't mean his later templates will be done well. You must have talent to begin with. Even if he tries and tries for years and years, it in no way guarantees quality. I just enrolled in a three-year college program to earn my diplomacy in graphic design. I'm the youngest in the program and definitely one of the top students. The reason I'm saying this is because there's many other students with much more experience - and they suck. Other classmates think their stuff is awesome, same with their friends - but this is because most people are amazed at the most poorly done Photoshop work. Probably because they don't know that whatever they did could be done by anyone in a few clicks. ie: different clouds filter, people whore this all the time and you show someone on the street and they'll be amazed. If you want real feedback you have to ask other designers first and foremost; don't trust your friends' opinions. Don't be discouraged, learn from feedback - honest feedback is great.. personally I hate when people lie, regardless of 'feelings' or being nice or w/e. But again! Don't expect that just if you practice you'll produce awesome things - and don't tell people that! Practice does not make perfect! Anyways!
    2007-12-26 12:10 AM
    It just seems like a bit I of overkill... Personally, I like softer mods like like some light changes. Just try to find a balance with all of you hacks...
    2007-12-26 12:21 AM
    dude THANKS LMAO @ you guys!!
    the problem is that I love the fact that it looks hella getto!!!!
    i guess you would have to be a certain type to appreciate it but yeah thanks for the comments maybe ill get better some day or at least make it match...
    and i did it on graphic converter cuz most of the icons i just had to change the hue.

well to all you 'artists' keep up the good work but dont get selfish with your skill because even people that suck deserve to edit their own ****.

doesn't it just look so f*&#ing hacked that its sexy

I fully agree with Reako. It's done very poorly. Still, I assume this is just a side-hobby. If he wants to get better he can practice. However, that doesn't mean his later templates will be done well. You must have talent to begin with. Even if he tries and tries for years and years, it in no way guarantees quality. I just enrolled in a three-year college program to earn my diplomacy in graphic design. I'm the youngest in the program and definitely one of the top students. The reason I'm saying this is because there's many other students with much more experience - and they suck. Other classmates think their stuff is awesome, same with their friends - but this is because most people are amazed at the most poorly done Photoshop work. Probably because they don't know that whatever they did could be done by anyone in a few clicks. ie: different clouds filter, people whore this all the time and you show someone on the street and they'll be amazed. If you want real feedback you have to ask other designers first and foremost; don't trust your friends' opinions. Don't be discouraged, learn from feedback - honest feedback is great.. personally I hate when people lie, regardless of 'feelings' or being nice or w/e. But again! Don't expect that just if you practice you'll produce awesome things - and don't tell people that! Practice does not make perfect! Anyways!
    dont hate dont hate, im cool with just skating by with my friends to impress
    Last edited by ChrisAyad; 2007-12-26 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-26 08:25 AM
    I think you should make things looks less pixelated. Smooth things out and fill them in with different shades of green. Kind of how you made the safari, weather, and stumbler icons. They are all different but are not pixelated.
    2007-12-26 08:50 AM
    so far the only theme i find worth puting on my iphone was the plainjain collection !! it's the only theme that dosent make my iphone look like a cheap toy !! if only i had that mini option in sumerboard like i had on my previous iphone !! if i knew how 2 proprely use photoshop i would be able 2 make a nice theme !! but dam that programe has so many options i get lost and dont wanna inverst the time in learning it all just to make a theme for my iphone !! thanks and props to all those artist investing time in makin themes !!
    2007-12-31 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD