So I have done all the pwnge step twice on my iphone now the first time with a couple of snags and cydia did not work it would try to start on my phone and then take me back to home screen.

Then I re-pwned it and did everything perfectly and cydia still reverts back to my homescreen.

Does anyone know what's going on with this and offer a solution or suggestions?
    2008-07-21 11:33 AM
    I also need help with this issue. mine was working fine untill i installed a custom battery.. not sure why that would change anything
    2008-07-21 09:53 PM
    having the same problems, everything else looks good except cydia crashes when opening, if someone can help it would be great!!
    2008-07-22 02:26 AM
    Im having the same problem, and have searched everywhere... can't find any solution.
    2008-07-22 03:33 PM
    Theres gotta be someone out there that can figure this out, im begging you! I wish i never upgraded to 2.0, my iphone was way better before; video wallpaper, video ringtones, customize, video recorder ect...
    Oh, and once you restore to 2.0, you cant go back to 1.1.4, so im screwed until someone can figure out why cydia keeps crashing on me, dammit!!

2008-07-22 04:25 PM
    I have pwned 12 phones on 2l.0 and Cydia works great on them all in my case. Are you setting the phone up as NEW in iTunes?
    2008-07-22 04:29 PM
    hey all, i was having the same problem, i deleted pwnage from my macbook and redownloaded and installed it, repwned ,and now cydia works for me, but im just not used to cydia, after its first refresh, it said i needed to install updates, i did, then looked at my installed items, theres a whole list of things installed already but i dont see icons for any of em. anyone familiar with cydia, i would appreciate some info, thanks
    2008-07-22 06:24 PM
    A lot of the installed programs in Cydia are not apps that show up on the phone. Just ignore them but anytime it asks for an update you need to install them.
    2008-07-22 06:29 PM
    cydia is real buggy on 2.0, if i scroll to qwik, it crashes.
    2008-07-22 08:10 PM
    I have pwned 12 phones on 2l.0 and Cydia works great on them all in my case. Are you setting the phone up as NEW in iTunes?

I repwned it for a third time last night. I did a couple of things differently:

-I increased the Root Partition so I have more space
    -I also tried preloading some packages and they said fail when I tried to download them from pwnge 2.0.1 as well as 2.0.0

Also, I am not setting the phone as new, I am telling iTunes to go to my backed up info so I get my contacts, sms, email.... etc.

But even before I reload my data on there Cydia still crashes when the iphone thinks its new....

So can we get some developer support for this, I am getting really upset that I ditched 1.1.4 when I had all those great FREE apps to play with and enjoy. Now I am stuck with minimal apps from the APPSTORE that I barely even like.
    2008-07-22 09:29 PM
    Tried to update Cydia as prompted to do. Process started but then hung. Left it for about four hours but process bar did not move. Shut down, then restarted. Cydia then showed 3 more updates. Attempted to add but it then said, that some packages had previously only partially been installed, and they needed to be removed as they could cause problems, so went ahead with that. BUT it removed Cydia completely!

How do I reinstall Cydia? Do I have to do a fresh reinstall from the beginning with pwnage or can I get Cydia. Have been to #iPhone/irc.saurik.com/ (no session) and his website but no reference to how to do this. Any idea? Thanks ;-)
    2008-07-22 11:31 PM
    is there a way to install cydia directly from your comp? how about on windows?
    2008-07-23 04:00 AM
    OMG, I am so fed up with this! I wish I never upgraded! I just restored it not for a 4th but for a 5th time and even set it up as a new phone without going to the backup and yet again Cydia kicks me out to home screen! SOMEBODY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME! I am seriously on the verge of downgrading to 1.1.4!
    2008-07-23 08:35 AM
    This is also happening to me. I looked in the Cydia Log file and it says:
    "2008-07-23 09:46:32.051 Cydia_[43:613] WARNING: -[<UIWindow: 0x2472a0> _setHidden:] is deprecated. Please use -[UIView setHidden:]
    cache_.Open():[Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (2 No such file or directory)]
    _assert(1:false)@Cydia.mm:1642[-[Database reloadData]]"

I dont have a lock file in /var/lib/dpkg/ or usr/lib/dpkg. I asked another guy who has pwned 2.0 with a WORKING Cydia and he doesnt have it either.

Anyways, does this help anyone?
    2008-07-23 10:09 AM
    I have no idea what that means in the log file... what am I supposed to do with that?
    2008-07-23 10:00 PM
    I experienced the same behavior (blank Cydia screen, jumping back to SB after a couple of secs), I'm on iPhone 2G firmware 2.0.

Managed to re-install Cydia without doing a full restore, by running the following command in a terminal to my iPhone (I used WinSCP) :

apt-get install cydia

This will download the latest Cydia updates and re-install them. Worked fine for me.
    2008-07-23 11:07 PM
    Hi,

I have done the apt-get command, and this is what terminal returned me:

apt-get install cydia
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    The following packages will be upgraded:
    cydia
    1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0B/182kB of archives.
    After unpacking 16.4kB of additional disk space will be used.
    (Reading database ... 1283 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace cydia 1.0.2480-15 (using .../cydia_1.0.2488-20_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement cydia ...
    Setting up cydia (1.0.2488-20) ...

W: Couldn't stat source package list http://repo.smxy.org xena/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/repo.smxy.org_cydia_apt_dists_xena_main_binary-iphoneos-arm_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
    W: Couldn't stat source package list http://repo.smxy.org xena/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/repo.smxy.org_cydia_apt_dists_xena_main_binary-iphoneos-arm_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
    W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
    iMAD:~ root# apt-get update
    Get:1 Index of / tangelo Release.gpg [189B]
    Get:2 iPhone | iPod touch forums, news, themes, apps, games, unlock, jailbreak community - ModMyI.com stable Release.gpg [189B]
    Get:3 ZodTTD: Home Of Homebrew stable Release.gpg [189B]
    Get:4 - iPhone News & Review stable Release.gpg [186B]
    Get:5 http://repo.smxy.org xena Release.gpg [189B]
    Get:6 iPhone | iPod touch forums, news, themes, apps, games, unlock, jailbreak community - ModMyI.com stable Release [447B]
    Get:7 - iPhone News & Review stable Release [464B]
    Get:8 Index of / tangelo Release [500B]
    Hit ZodTTD: Home Of Homebrew stable Release
    Get:9 http://repo.smxy.org xena Release [1204B]
    Ign iPhone | iPod touch forums, news, themes, apps, games, unlock, jailbreak community - ModMyI.com stable/main Packages/DiffIndex
    Ign - iPhone News & Review stable/main Packages/DiffIndex
    Ign iPhone | iPod touch forums, news, themes, apps, games, unlock, jailbreak community - ModMyI.com stable/main Packages
    Ign Index of / tangelo/main Packages/DiffIndex
    Ign ZodTTD: Home Of Homebrew stable/main Packages/DiffIndex
    Ign - iPhone News & Review stable/main Packages
    Get:10 iPhone | iPod touch forums, news, themes, apps, games, unlock, jailbreak community - ModMyI.com stable/main Packages [570B]
    Ign Index of / tangelo/main Packages
    Ign http://repo.smxy.org xena/main Packages
    Ign ZodTTD: Home Of Homebrew stable/main Packages
    Get:11 - iPhone News & Review stable/main Packages [5797B]
    Get:12 Index of / tangelo/main Packages [15.0kB]
    Get:13 http://repo.smxy.org xena/main Packages [20B]
    Hit ZodTTD: Home Of Homebrew stable/main Packages
    Fetched 24.7kB in 4s (5526B/s)
    iMAD:~ root# apt-get install cydia
    Building dependency tree... Done
    The following packages will be upgraded:
    cydia
    1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
    Need to get 181kB of archives.
    After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
    Get:1 Index of / tangelo/main cydia 1.0.2489-21 [181kB]
    Fetched 181kB in 2s (65.9kB/s)
    (Reading database ... 1285 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace cydia 1.0.2488-20 (using .../cydia_1.0.2489-21_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement cydia ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/cydia_1.0.2489-21_iphoneos-arm.deb (--unpack):
    unable to make backup link of `./Applications/Cydia.app/unknown.png' before installing new version: No space left on device
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/cydia_1.0.2489-21_iphoneos-arm.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    I only installed the updates and the OpenSSH package. How can I know if I have no space?

I have 2.0.0 PWNED EDGE iphone..

Thanks.
    2008-07-24 06:31 AM
    I experienced the same behavior (blank Cydia screen, jumping back to SB after a couple of secs), I'm on iPhone 2G firmware 2.0.

Managed to re-install Cydia without doing a full restore, by running the following command in a terminal to my iPhone (I used WinSCP) :

apt-get install cydia

This will download the latest Cydia updates and re-install them. Worked fine for me.
    I am using a mac, what can I do?
    2008-07-24 07:01 AM
    If you're on a MAC, you can use the build-in Terminal-app. to connect to your pwned iPhone 2.0 (see Guide: Short and Sweet SSH Guide for the iPhone for instructions).

Regarding the disk space issue: in the terminal session you can use the command 'df' to check disk space. By default, the root partition (where most apps get installed) only has 500MB of space, the rest is assigned to the Media-partition (for videos and movies).

Using the instructions on http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...partition.html , you can move applications to the media-partition.
    Note: I did not do this for the complete Applications-folder, as explained in the URL above, but only moved some big applications (I had MonkeyBall.app(=136MB!)) to the /var/mobile/Applications directory, which also exists by default (do not use /var/root/ as mentioned).

Hope this helps.
    2008-07-24 11:30 AM
    Im also having the same problem, bumped back to SB when trying to use Cydia. I have tried 5-6 different times to pwn my phone and it works fine each time but cydia keeps crashing. I also cant get pwnage to let me add any custom packages to my custom ipsw I ge 'FAIL' when trying to add any packages (ie bsd subsytem and open SSH). Is there a reason why I get a fail in pwnage? is there anothe source to get open SSH from other than the one provided in pwnage? Im at a loss here and it seems like there are plenty of other people having the same issues. I cant do anything if I cant even SSH this is really pissing me off.
    2008-07-24 08:54 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD