I did what mletang did earlier when I got my keyboard reamed by the chromium keyboard update. Did this a while ago but it's always a good reminder that Customize can usually save you from a restore due to grahphisa issues.

And I never knew an iPhone friendly version of MMi was available til now!
    2008-08-13 08:33 AM
    Thanks mletang my keyboard came back but not the landscape one

hi mletang. My problem was I left some winterboard stuff active. Deactivated them then apply my backup from customize and all is well. Thanks v much, love ya
    Last edited by se23; 2008-08-13 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-13 02:44 PM
    hey man.. thanks a lot you are a master in this.. i hope the glossy keyboard returns usefull again it likes me...

regards
    2008-08-13 03:42 PM
    temporary fix for me was to go to winterboard and you should see chromium stuff just tap them and hit the home button and you will have a somewhat functional phone again not perfect by anymeans....i can't wait to go home and fix it cuz it is really annoying hope this helps

i installed and uninstalled a couple of times before i figured this out

edit: putting back to original backup in customize works also
    Last edited by morphiusrt; 2008-08-13 at 04:37 PM.
    if this post help click the thanks
    2008-08-13 04:30 PM
    Sloppy programming, really sloppy.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-08-13 04:34 PM
    Had the same problem. I just SSHed the 2 files (they are a decent size) back into the UIKite.framework folder, rebooted, and worked fine.
    2008-08-13 04:46 PM
    i too can contend to using Customize to restore my backup keyboard, thus avoiding having to ssh those default keyboard images.
    2008-08-13 04:48 PM
    temporary fix for me was to go to winterboard and you should see chromium stuff just tap them and hit the home button and you will have a somewhat functional phone again not perfect by anymeans....i can't wait to go home and fix it cuz it is really annoying hope this helps

i installed and uninstalled a couple of times before i figured this out

edit: putting back to original backup in customize works also
    whew, good call. i had the invisible keyboard also. fixed it by just enabling the chromium keyboard in winterboard. thanks for the heads up!!

eek... it's definitely not fixed. the keyboard is sometimes visible now, but it's all kinds of screwy when you tap on a letter. dang it all..... does SSHing those files fix all of this? i'm at work right now so i won't be able to try it until later. customize doesnt seem to be helping either....
    Last edited by billchase2; 2008-08-13 at 05:09 PM.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad
    2008-08-13 04:52 PM
    yup customize...restore keyboard files is the easiest way .... no need to dl anythin no need to ssh anythin...just make sure u uninstall customs keyboard first then do customize
    2008-08-13 05:20 PM
    here you go:
    In the Rar file you have Other.artwork, Keyboard-Common.artwork and Keyboard-Latin.artwork
    If you just need the keyboards then just copy the 2 keyboard files in root//System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework
    If you need the default Other.artwork file then copy that in the same folder as above.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...-0-artwork.rar
    thank you SO much!! i figured out how to SSH at work and got my keyboard back!

so now that my keyboard is back to the default and works again... is there a safe way to get it back to the chromium one? i like that better than the default.
    Last edited by billchase2; 2008-08-13 at 05:27 PM.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    2008-08-13 05:24 PM
    I had the same problem. I have just installed an update and everything works great right now.
    2008-08-13 06:10 PM
    I had the same problem. I have just installed an update and everything works great right now.
    what update did you install?
    2008-08-13 06:19 PM
    Yes, thanks for that massimo. What kind of irresponsible person puts a message "if this screws up your iPhone just restore though iTunes".

Does anyone have a copy of the Chromium Keyboard artwork files which DON'T require Winterboard?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-08-13 06:23 PM
    Yes, thanks for that massimo. What kind of irresponsible person puts a message "if this screws up your iPhone just restore though iTunes".

Does anyone have a copy of the Chromium Keyboard artwork files which DON'T require Winterboard?
    my original backup in customize is chromium but i won't be able to access till i get home, i have keyboard and other artwork.

**Billchase: thats what i meant when i said it makes it somewhat functional. when you tap a button on the keyboard you get a big box with 9 letters in it, it makes it a pain to type not to mention the keyboard is so slow to type with for some reason but the customize method worked perfect.
    if this post help click the thanks
    2008-08-13 07:55 PM
    Yeah sloppy programming indeed. This messed up my phone last night as well. I just got a response back from Planet-iPhones and apparently the updates weren't programmed to put the artwork back in its original folder after it was upgraded to support winterboard. Of course I got the but it worked fine on my phone when i tested it excuse. Yeah right then why is there a notice there telling people not to update it.
    2008-08-13 08:21 PM
    here you go:
    In the Rar file you have Other.artwork, Keyboard-Common.artwork and Keyboard-Latin.artwork
    If you just need the keyboards then just copy the 2 keyboard files in root//System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework
    If you need the default Other.artwork file then copy that in the same folder as above.
    Thank you, that worked for me
    2008-08-14 01:50 AM
    Thank you very much it worked for me as well..........

Regards,
    2008-08-14 03:31 AM
    theres now a "temporary warning" when you open cydia not to install or uninstall any of these files
    Yeah i already had chromium installed the minute i pwned the latest 2.0.1 There was an update yesterday for it, so i installed it and Lost all keyboard visual function, and also navigation bars. Not soon but 2 hours later there was a warning on Cydia and it was too late, I just repwned the phone gotta finish setting it up now. Ouch this hurt.
    2008-08-14 03:40 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD