User Tag List

So this is a heads up for all of you if this issue hasn't arisen before.

Here are my phone stats for reference: 1st gen 4gb, WinPwned with 2.0.0.3, running firmware 2.0 and using Cydia in conjunction with the App Store.

I installed the Chromium keyboard through Cydia. I tried to uninstall it which it did, the problem is that it didn't reinstall the standard keyboard properly. Where the keyboard should be is a blank area. You can press your finger in the blank area and it works as if the keyboard is there but you can't see the keyboard. I have tried to reinstall the Chromium again to try to uninstall it properly but now I just get an error and it wont reinstall at all. I rebooted the phone a couple times with no success.
    2008-07-27 05:37 AM
    Sorry to hear, I have installed the same keyboard and now from your experience I will leave it be until someone has figured out if it's a glitch in the package when uninstalling.
    2008-07-27 06:40 AM
    I had the same problem and also when i installed the digital dialer i had the same problem. All i did to fix it was after i unintalled it i completely turned off the iphone and turned it back on and all was well.

Hope it works for you
    2008-07-27 06:53 AM
    the exact same thing happened to me. i had no idea what to do. then after a bit of thinking, i realized that my boyfriend has 2.0 just like me, and jailbroken, but that he hadnt altered his keyboard. i copied the files from his iphone's "/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework" through winSCP into a folder on my desktop. i didnt need to copy the folders in there, just the loose files and whatnot. when i had that, i deleted all those files from my damaged phone, and just copy and pasted the good ones onto it. i restarted my phone,and it's good as new. i don't know if you can find that stuff on here, or if you have another iphone in your house, but thats what worked for me when i messed up my keyboard from chromium. hope it helps and sorry about how long the explanation is.
    2008-07-28 12:31 AM
    my keyboard is screwed aswell can some one post the 2.0 keyboard files on here

i need to get a keyboard file and where does it go with in the file structure
    Last edited by smeengy; 2008-07-28 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-28 07:34 AM
    I can post then seeing that I haven't modded my keyboard. You just have to tell me where I can find them in ssh.
    2008-07-31 03:08 PM
    here you go:
    In the Rar file you have Other.artwork, Keyboard-Common.artwork and Keyboard-Latin.artwork
    If you just need the keyboards then just copy the 2 keyboard files in root//System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework
    If you need the default Other.artwork file then copy that in the same folder as above.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...-0-artwork.rar
    Last edited by massimo23; 2008-07-31 at 04:41 PM.
    2008-07-31 04:36 PM
    ... you're a ifone saver.
    2008-08-13 01:45 AM
    same thing happened to me. what i did was just reinstall the keyboard until i feel like restoring or until planet-iphones updates there installer package.

planet-iphones explains this here. Original Images | SideApps the password to the thread is "fixiphone"

another option is to first uninstall any custom artwork or keyboards, then add this source to installer: http://sideapps.com/badass

Once you've added that source, go install the "Original Images" package located in the !SideApps! category.
    Last edited by flrdotcom; 2008-08-13 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-13 02:22 AM
    ^^^The source want load in cydia....Anybody have ideal?
    2008-08-13 02:59 AM
    My glossy keyboard also got messed up.

thank you very much for the files.

here you go:
    In the Rar file you have Other.artwork, Keyboard-Common.artwork and Keyboard-Latin.artwork
    If you just need the keyboards then just copy the 2 keyboard files in root//System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework
    If you need the default Other.artwork file then copy that in the same folder as above.
    2008-08-13 03:19 AM
    here you go:
    hey thanks i downloaded these and fixed the keyboard issue, however upon reboot it installed a different font to my system and i really dont like it

how can i revert back to the normal iphone font?

thanks
    2008-08-13 04:28 AM
    ^^^The source want load in cydia....Anybody have ideal?
    its not a cydia source. add source to installer
    2008-08-13 04:40 AM
    here you go:
    hey man you just saved my life. i had upgraded the glossy keyboard when i was at the mall and it all went downhill from there, i was flipping out but you saved my life. thanks!

thank you all friends!
    2008-08-13 04:56 AM
    theres now a "temporary warning" when you open cydia not to install or uninstall any of these files
    2008-08-13 04:57 AM
    great...a post arises after it fuxored my phone and i decided to reload my phone again
    2008-08-13 05:04 AM
    anyone else using that .rar have altered fonts???
    2008-08-13 05:11 AM
    hey guys, long time lurker finally making a post. i'm a member of other forums i post on but this one thread hit home. So i did the update like most of you and am away from my computer so I cant ssh in and swap the necessary files. I tried adding the sources mentioned before to installer 4.0 but installer tells me it cant unpackage them for whatever reason ( i have almost 500mb free on my partition so that not the issue). I found out if you have customize installed u can go into the "customize images/sounds" then "artwork" change all the the choices (should be 4) back to the originalbackup, restart the phone and whichever keyboard you had installed when u setup customize should come back.

i tested this and it worked I had my original glossy keyboard back up working like it did before i updated it. I hope this helps some people
    2008-08-13 05:32 AM
    here you go:
    Thank you.
    Respectfully.
    2008-08-13 06:10 AM
    theres now a "temporary warning" when you open cydia not to install or uninstall any of these files
    i was lucky enough to update prior to this warning came out, so i get to restore my phone YAY! NOT
    2008-08-13 06:27 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD