I updated my serial # on the customize site and now it doesn't crash but it won't make the changes
    2008-07-29 04:25 PM
    Confirmed! I registered my new 3G phone here Customize, a native iPhone application by The Spicy Chicken and then it stopped crashing. But, when trying to install a theme the only thing that changed was my lock screen wallpaper and the customize app image.
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-07-29 04:29 PM
    I have this working on my 2G iphone but I installed it on my friend's 3G using the same method and it opens and you can browse themes but if you try to download one it sits there for 30 seconds or so like it's downloading it but the progress meter doesn't move and it eventually goes back to the theme you were trying to download. It still has the download tab in the corner. Anybody know anything about that?
    thanks
    mike
    2008-07-29 04:39 PM
    Have Faith everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Customize 2.1.0 for FW2.0 is available-jesusphone-start.png  
    Last edited by tommy202; 2008-07-29 at 04:49 PM.
    2008-07-29 04:45 PM
    put file in private/var/stash/applications/ and set properties to 0755 and I checked the set group , owner and permissions recursively and works perfect
    This worked well for me, I am on a 1st Gen iphone and followed these steps.... the only problem is, I tried applying the changes and nothing happened... i was able to download specific file sets and was getting an error "unable to copy file", or something along those lines..... everything worked fine, I just think the programming needs a bit more fixing.... once it becomes available on Cydia.... i think that will fix many of the issues...
    2008-07-29 04:58 PM
    Yes I only Reg. once.
    Well that is what solved my crashing problem, so maybe it was just a coincidence. I had to re-register to enable customize pro for my 3G, and after I removed the 2G from the customize database it would crash until I re-registered. Now if I could only get it to change images.

Confirmed! I registered my new 3G phone here Customize, a native iPhone application by The Spicy Chicken and then it stopped crashing. But, when trying to install a theme the only thing that changed was my lock screen wallpaper and the customize app image.
    I havent heard of one person with the i3G that has got customize 2.1 to work (changing the images). Everyone I have talked to on the customize forums has said they were on 2G, but idk for sure.

This worked well for me, I am on a 1st Gen iphone and followed these steps.... the only problem is, I tried applying the changes and nothing happened... i was able to download specific file sets and was getting an error "unable to copy file", or something along those lines..... everything worked fine, I just think the programming needs a bit more fixing.... once it becomes available on Cydia.... i think that will fix many of the issues...
    It has something to do with customize not having the correct permissions to change the stock images. You can notice that it will change customize's images but no others (and I guess the lockscreen.)
    Last edited by mfleigle; 2008-07-29 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-29 05:07 PM
    I too have the same problem, the only thing to change when I choose a theme is customize ICON and Lock Screen

I decided to go back to Original Backup and it went back

I think it is a permissions problem

Anyone have a FIX????
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware
    2008-07-29 05:23 PM
    well i can officially confirm that registering your serial number will fix the problem of crashing with 3G phones.

2G's must not of crashed cause they still had the same serial number they were using when on 1.1.4

if you had a 2G before and now a 3G, change your serial number on their site.

i havent started testing if anything will work on customize yet tho. ill post back later
    2008-07-29 05:34 PM
    [QUOTE=mfleigle;1660851]

I havent heard of one person with the i3G that has got customize 2.1 to work (changing the images). Everyone I have talked to on the customize forums has said they were on 2G, but idk for sure.
    QUOTE]

I definitely have a 3G White 16 gig and it will change the lock screen wallpaper and the customize icon but nothing else.
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-07-29 05:36 PM
    ok how do i start adding my own files to customize so i can try to switch them out with the defaults?
    2008-07-29 05:39 PM
    BINGO I figured it out
    go into
    var/stash/appications

Change the permissions of the folders in there to 0777

I just did it on MAPS
    Was able to load a custom MAP ICON

Cool

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware
    2008-07-29 05:45 PM
    I just released a new version of Customize (version 2.1.1).

Upgrade and all your problems should be solved. Also, if you are still having trouble with Customize actually changing the images, run this:

chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize_
    2008-07-29 06:07 PM
    Does anyone know when this will be on Cydia?
    2008-07-29 06:08 PM
    Anyone have a link for the update of spicy chicken??
    2008-07-29 06:21 PM
    Genious this worked great thanks Spicy

chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize_

did it from WINSCP terminal option

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware
    2008-07-29 06:23 PM
    So part of it worked. Still can't theme the slider bar or what not but the dock and icons etc work
    2008-07-29 06:31 PM
    Still not working for me on my 3G Installed new version 2.1.1 and changed permissions.

If I try to change an app icon I get "Encountered an error copying the files"
    Last edited by dirtybird1977; 2008-07-29 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-07-29 06:53 PM
    Okay so I got it to work but it seems like its not applying anything. When I press the Exit Customize button, it instantly quits. Doesn't seem like its taking a few seconds to even load the theme...and its not doing a resprint either.

EDIT: Where do you do the "hmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize_" ??? I can remote into the iPhone using WinSCP but then what?
    Last edited by rvashi; 2008-07-29 at 06:57 PM. Reason: addition info added
    If someone helped you, hit their THANKS button.
    2008-07-29 06:54 PM
    commands/open terminal but never worked for me!
    2008-07-29 07:02 PM
    Crashing on every file download. then getting error when trying to apply files.
    2008-07-29 07:06 PM
226 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD