sooooooooo basically were making a puzzle?
    2008-07-31 01:50 AM
    no... well yes
    you make the first icon include the wallpaper.. you can then add the Dock (or not) and the Statusbar (or not)

all other icons are free to move and change...

this is really simple

Mods, please delete this thread
    Why not just delete you?? more fun for everybody
    Last edited by Pear-phone; 2008-07-31 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-31 01:57 AM
    hahaha lmao, well can someone please upload a finished one with all necessary files, i gotta go to work but ill try to work on a final piece @ work
    2008-07-31 02:06 AM
    Calendar Statusbar and Dock

this is copied from the minimalija theme

(screenshot from post 1)
    Attached Files
    2008-07-31 02:11 AM
    I'm personally calling bullsh´t, or another stupid icon modding app. Barely any info, no release when promised, it's got all the characteristics of a classic hoax-or-crap.
    Have you even read any of Pear-phone's other threads?!

<sigh>
    2008-07-31 02:16 AM
    Lol, ill wait for summerboard
    iLive an iLife
    2008-07-31 02:16 AM

<sigh>
    yeah actually i have (the lock screen ones) and i have to say that he does a very good job so....un-sigh

pear-i think im getting it
    2008-07-31 02:47 AM
    pear - I'd just like to say that I did this - the day after I got my 3g - and this is not original, it's not a 'real' solution, because you can't rearrange the apps whatsoever, and it causes problems when you try to rearrange the dock.

Before you tease the entire community with a solution that's been presented a thousand times before and then b!tch about us complaining, why don't you help us all work towards a real, better solution?

You have no right to be mad at us right now. If you want respect, be respectable.

<sigh>
    Yeah...I read a lot of "goodbye mmi" and not a lot of stuff that hasn't been done by other people. Doesn't read as a 'phenomenal' track record to me.

Face it, if some brand new user, like me, for instance, released this, after teasing the community for 2 days (after promising a release on the first day) and ended up having the exact same thing that everyone else already had, how would everyone react?

*sigh*
    Last edited by lostgame; 2008-07-31 at 03:42 AM.
    2008-07-31 03:22 AM
    ohhh s**t....we got some trouble

i disagree though, this could lead to something else and it works for me, so i say...job well done
    2008-07-31 03:29 AM
    @pear phone... All I have to say is your work rocks!!!! I'm kind of a noon on MMI.... But I signed up here after seeing your work... Specifically your OSX leopard theme... (that I am rising to see you do on 2.0)... Please PLEASE pm me if you ever stop posting on MMI so I know where to find your stuff...

Don't mind the haters... They're not too bright

AWESOME to see you posting here!!!!!
    2008-07-31 04:39 AM
    I lurk here a lot and don't post much, but I appreciate the template Pear-phone provided because it showed me exactly where to place everything. It may not be a perfect solution but it works fine for me for now because I don't rearrange my icons often once they're placed. If I decide to rearrange them I'll take five minutes and re-do the template. It's a lot better than having to look at a black background until another way is found to change the background. Thanks for this Pear-phone.
    2008-07-31 05:01 AM
    why delete it, hes gonna tell us how to change the darn wallpaper

that THANKS OR DIE sig is so obnoxious. What is so friggin great about a couple of thanks on a forum anyway? Besides, thanks are NOT supposed to be asked for.
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.
    2008-07-31 05:31 AM
    Edit by Dash-2: Inappropriate language is not allowed.

thanks though!
    Last edited by Dash-2; 2008-07-31 at 09:12 AM.
    2008-07-31 05:41 AM
    so... basically this is changing 1 icon to something large enough to be a background??, what will it look like on page 2?
    2008-07-31 07:52 AM
    that THANKS OR DIE sig is so obnoxious. What is so friggin great about a couple of thanks on a forum anyway? Besides, thanks are NOT supposed to be asked for.
    It's a self-esteem issue.
    2008-07-31 10:03 AM
    y r u even typing this here, has nothing to do with wallpapers, SMBP, or 2.0. and anyway, i have the sig just as a gag, but now its to piss people like you off
    2008-07-31 02:48 PM
    so... basically this is changing 1 icon to something large enough to be a background??, what will it look like on page 2?
    you can use a different wallpaper on each screen (doch and statusbar stay the same

Go back to Germany or English school or something. You're a complete waste of ******* space on these forums. Just **** off and die already, emo. **** you and your stupid gayass signature icon. Nobody ******* cares about your work, because you just copied it from people who actually did **** and called it your own "release".
    Thank you
    2008-07-31 03:34 PM
    Thanks for the template. I knew that this was possible but it made my life alot easier. I've setup different backgrounds for each page and it's looking much better then the black screen.

You CAN re-arrange your icons just fine, just not the one that you are using to provide the background.
    2008-07-31 04:48 PM
    If you use a dock and statusbar that are different than the wallpaper, you can use the middle part of the template.
    This way, when arranging the icons, the Dock won't be covered. This kinda bugs me but... yeah I am also just happy to have back the wallpaper un the homescreen...
    2008-07-31 07:38 PM
    y r u even typing this here, has nothing to do with wallpapers, SMBP, or 2.0. and anyway, i have the sig just as a gag, but now its to piss people like you off
    Son: Hey Mom! Look at all the thanks I have on the World Wide Internet!

Mom: Yeah but aren't most of them from that one guy who thinks thanks are dumb and called your sig banner obnoxious?

Son: Well, yeah, I think he must have spent about 15 minutes clicking on every post I made and thanked each one.

Mom: So now you really have no idea which thanks are genuine and which are fake. Maybe that's what you get for asking for thanks to begin with.

Son: But look at all the thanks!

Mom: You mean all the corrupt, empty, meaningless thanks?

Son: Um. Well.

Mom: Well at least the guy doesn't have to die now. Time for bed sweetie.
    Last edited by mcdj; 2008-08-01 at 12:19 AM.
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.
    2008-08-01 12:15 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD