hi guys

i'm having exactly what's on the title: 4.6 bootloader (so-called 1.1.2 OTB) plus 04.03_13_G baseband (due to a last attempt to unbrick using 1.1.3 firmware which upgraded the basedband).

after reading tons of guides here and most other prominent ones, I come to this conclusion, the phone as it currently is, is nothing but a ipod Touch.

• Hardware bootloader downgrading is out because i don't want to bear that risk.
    • software baseband downgrading is also out because of then new algorithm that checks downgrade stuff (must be greater than and not equal to)

i can move between 1.0.2, 1.1.1, 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 (all jailbroken) without any problem. but the unlocking part is not possible with anySim or even SIM adapters (such as StealthSim/China3GPP and etc)

people who accidentally upgraded to 1.1.3 firmware direct from Apple is fine if they have 3.9 bootloader;

people who have 4.6 bootloader can upgrade to 1.1.3 firmware using the special ibrickr which removes the baseband upgrade part is also fine

people who have 4.6 bootloader AND who upgraded to 1.1.3 firmware direct from apple is NOT fine because currently no unlock works whatsoever

I wish this clears up all the confusion that people who accidentally upgraded to 1.1.3. Correct me if there is anything missing
    2008-01-26 05:33 AM
    Hi! I have the very same situation as you are. 1.1.2 OTB updated via iTunes. Now I have JB 1.1.2 again but with new baseband - no phone function. I dont want to open my phone - HW method - to downgrade baseband. So, I think there are 2 options: wait for new ***sim or wait for SW baseband downgrade. Do you know if this JB 1.1.3 (which is not for otb 1.1.3 or otb 1.1.2 updated via iTunes) would work when new ***sim arrives?
    2008-01-26 02:03 PM
    guys, stop trying all sorts of guides before you actually understand what you are doing. people who write the guides usually don't/can't have the same software/hardware as you have. even if they do, the jailbreak/unlock/upgrade/downgrade sequence is unlikely to be same as yours. Asking the same questions again and again only increases the noise in this forum and is not going to help you at all.

Speaking from my personal experience, I did something stupid that resulted my iphone in an impossible-to-unlock status. I ended up in this situation because I was just trying out the different guides without understanding what each of them addresses.

based on my understanding, the following are possible

• bootloader 3.9, you can bypass actiavation, unlock with any version of the firmware and baseband
    • bootloader 4.6, you can bypass activation and unlock with any version of firmware but only if you have a baseband of 04_01_13_G and below
    • bootloader 4.6, you can bypass activation with any firmware and basedband. but no unlock if you have firmware 04_02_13_G and above

whether a phone is OTB 1.1.2/1.1.3 or released in week 40, 45 and etc is meaningless. stop relying on those information to decide where you fit into the above list. all you need to know is your bootloader version, baseband version and firmware version. after you know those, decide on whether it's possible for you to bypass activation and unlock.

I'll try to put a better guide to describe your current phone status and the list of its corresponding guides that you can follow.
    2008-01-31 04:06 AM
    we can remove the baseband from installs so we know what it is surly this gives us a way of downgrading the thing software style if an update updates it can we no hex edit the crap out of the old one make it so the baseband is some thing like 04_03_13_H so it equal to and we then add it to the 1.1.3 update over top of the old one then just use itunes to update to that version off firmeware then it will do an update to the baseband but it wont coz it will be the old software surely we can do that
    2008-01-31 04:15 AM
    we can remove the baseband from installs so we know what it is surly this gives us a way of downgrading the thing software style if an update updates it can we no hex edit the crap out of the old one make it so the baseband is some thing like 04_03_13_H so it equal to and we then add it to the 1.1.3 update over top of the old one then just use itunes to update to that version off firmeware then it will do an update to the baseband but it wont coz it will be the old software surely we can do that
    you are right. i think you're talking abt the latest patched 1.1.3 firmware from devteam and not the stock 1.1.3 from Apple. what i'm saying in the earlier post is that if you have 4.6 bootloader + 04_02(3)_13_G (basically, ppl who accidentally upgraded 1.1.3) won't be able to unlock.
    2008-01-31 04:23 AM
    U might not be able to to unlock it, but I dont agree with the iTouch,
    if u are a legit At&T customer, and u end up with with an itouch, just use winscp to overwrite your lockdownd file (I found a version on this site which worked for me, rapidshare link). I started with OTB 1.1.2, upgraded to 1.1.3, downgraded to 1.1.1, now I have 4.6 bootloader with newest 1.1.3 baseband, jailbroken, and my locations works fine.
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people
    2008-01-31 04:55 AM
    if u are a legit At&T customer, and u end up with with an itouch, just use winscp to overwrite your lockdownd file (I found a version on this site which worked for me, rapidshare link). I started with OTB 1.1.2, upgraded to 1.1.3, downgraded to 1.1.1, now I have 4.6 bootloader with newest 1.1.3 baseband, jailbroken, and my locations works fine.
    WTF why are you jailbreaking if you got legit ??? that is the hole point in jailbreaking so you can have iphone without activation if you legit do the flaming activation

All you need to do is install the appSnap if you jailbreaking you no longer ligit u just using a sim that can be legit i can see why a legit person would jail break tho while SDK not out but if you jailbrocken u not legit in apples eyes

And yes i know about it beeing uless at the moment but i am trying to fix that as we speek check out my post http://rdgaccess.com/iphone-elite/vi....php?f=5&t=726 on Elite team

Do you know what Update had baseband 04_01_13_G was added so i can obtain it from the dmg and edit it at hex level
    And some one with a mac if you could help pls i windows can only open dmg is they Cd images lol so need a mac to open them and get the files out for me to Hex edit them
    Last edited by barkermn01; 2008-01-31 at 05:45 AM.
    2008-01-31 05:38 AM
    hey i accidentally upgraded my baseband to the current one, so im screwed for unlocking at the moment, but how do you use winscp to owerwrite the lockdownd file. im not even sure i know what that file is or does. if it has to do with downgrading the baseband, please tell me how. because i can jailbreak 1.1.3 but i have no phone signal
    2008-01-31 06:08 AM
    this is the problem im trying fix check out my post above
    2008-02-01 02:00 AM
    this is the problem im trying fix check out my post above
    does it work? i suppose you will take care of all the integrity checks in the firmware package (if any?) just a simple hex edit sounds too simple for apple to protect their IP from tampering?
    2008-02-01 02:15 AM
    o mate a simple hex edit the last bit the **** i got to do to get aceess to the basband is horendus i havent got the damn thing out yet and i been using eleite teams top of the range project for getting basebands and it dont work so the hex edit is easy it is the getting the files back out then got to find a way of getting them back in i need a mac lol or VMware running mac
    2008-02-01 06:37 AM
    can eny one please offer these files hex-edited and modefied.

thank you
    2008-02-01 12:06 PM
    in installer, there is a program to download files to downgrade your BOOTLOADER from 4.6 to 3.9. Read the more info and maybe you too can have bootloader 3.9.

in installer, there is a program to download files to downgrade your BOOTLOADER from 4.6 to 3.9. Read the more info and maybe you too can have bootloader 3.9.
    Last edited by pininfarina; 2008-02-01 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-01 04:37 PM
    this is not as standed you have to add http://i.unlock.no
    2008-02-01 11:07 PM
    this thread doesn't dwell on hardware bootloader downgrade method as it's too risky for most
    2008-02-02 02:42 AM
    Yes, the only way to downgrade the 4.6 bootloader is via testpoint. There is no software downgrade for the 4.6 bootloader.
    2008-02-02 06:01 AM
    Where can I find bootloader v4.6. I just bought a used 2g and am trying to unlock/jailbreak it to no avail. Can someone post a link to v4.6.

Also is it possible to jailbreak/unlock the phone without a sim card in it? I need to use it as a wifi skype phone till i can afford even a tmobile sim.

Thanks in advance.
    2009-07-16 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD