What does this do?

This is a Photoshop/GIMP format file that allows you to make professional-looking icons in under 2 minutes. All you have to do is set a background color, add a picture, and save.

How do the icons come out?

Sample of an icon I made:

Requirements

Something that can open images in ".psd" format like Photoshop or GIMP.

Downloads

I had almost forgotten of this project until a user PM'd me about having trouble with it. I then Finished up the tutorial, cleaned up the template, and posted it here. Enjoy!

Download Link - New Version (August 06): Fixed GIMP -> Photoshop masks compatibility issue pointed out by williamjv.

NEW! - Tutorial
    Last edited by Stealth1029; 2008-08-07 at 09:22 AM.
    2008-08-06 01:43 AM
    i tried to download but it keeps saying one link

i mean wrong link
    Last edited by kingpinfly; 2008-08-06 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-06 11:27 PM
    Stealth1029,

First of all thank you for sharing this with us, specially for taking the time to create a template that us iphone freaks can use

I was able to download the tutorial and template without any issues. I was even able to create a test icon (using photoshop) but the one thing i noticed is that when i filled the background layer, the color comes out of the chrome border instead of leaving the outside of the borders clear... would you happend to know what can i do? sorry i'm not that great using photoshop as you can see LOL.

Here's the test icon i made to help you understand what i was talking about:

2008-08-07 12:33 AM
    is this windows or mac?
    Always remember that you are unique....just like everyone else.
    2008-08-07 12:33 AM
    Stealth1029,

First of all thank you for sharing this with us, specially for taking the time to create a template that us iphone freaks can use

I was able to download the tutorial and template without any issues. I was even able to create a test icon (using photoshop) but the one thing i noticed is that when i filled the background layer, the color comes out of the chrome border instead of leaving the outside of the borders clear... would you happend to know what can i do? sorry i'm not that great using photoshop as you can see LOL.

Here's the test icon i made to help you understand what i was talking about:

Obviously some glitch between the conversion from GIMP -> Photoshop. I tried it too and got the same results. I'll get right on it. Thanks for letting me know.

EDIT: Problem solved Now Uploading the improved version.

is this windows or mac?
    Linux too This is a template for Photoshop, or GIMP. Not a piece of software.
    Last edited by Stealth1029; 2008-08-07 at 05:14 AM.
    2008-08-07 04:30 AM
    Works like a charm!

Thanks for the prompt response and time resolving the little glitch!

Just downloaded and tested the new template and icons came out just like the tutorial says...with a "professional" look LOL...

Once again, thanks for sharing this with us!
    2008-08-07 06:50 AM
    I stuck the tutorial on Scribd for easier reading. Enjoy!

It is linked on the main post where the tutorial download previously was and Here.
    Last edited by Stealth1029; 2008-08-07 at 09:30 AM.
    2008-08-07 09:27 AM
    Thank you!

This is the easiest and most professional template I have seen on the web. I was especially happy to see that the links are still active a year later, after the original post.
    2009-04-21 07:46 PM
    how do you create the gloss layers? I want to gloss the top and bottom of a triangle.
    2009-11-07 09:23 AM

What does this do?

This is a Photoshop/GIMP format file that allows you to make professional-looking icons in under 2 minutes. All you have to do is set a background color, add a picture, and save.

How do the icons come out?

Sample of an icon I made:

Requirements

Something that can open images in ".psd" format like Photoshop or GIMP.

Downloads

I had almost forgotten of this project until a user PM'd me about having trouble with it. I then Finished up the tutorial, cleaned up the template, and posted it here. Enjoy!

Download Link - New Version (August 06): Fixed GIMP -> Photoshop masks compatibility issue pointed out by williamjv.

NEW! - Tutorial
    Hi,
    Does anyone have a mirror for the template file? Link is broken :-(
    2011-03-15 10:41 PM
    Hi,
    Does anyone have a mirror for the template file? Link is broken :-(
    Yes please! I'm really in need here. Can't find the Phone logo for my icons or anything :/

Thanks in advance.
    2011-03-16 07:08 PM
    Okay so I use iFunBox, so where do I place the app once I've made it?
    2011-04-29 05:23 PM
    Okay so I use iFunBox, so where do I place the app once I've made it?
    It all depends on what app it is for, and what theme you are using!
    2011-04-29 10:12 PM
    Okay, so say my phone app, where would I place that app?
    I'm not using a theme that changes my apps
    2011-04-30 05:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD