So i upgraded to firmware 1.1.2 and got it unlocked and working and all, but today i've been trying to get custom ringtones to work. i make them in garageband, and then add them to itunes with no problems, but when i try to add sync them to my iPhone a very weird thing happens, i can only ever get two to sync, if i try to sync more then i'll just be one repeated. same ringtone and everything. Like i have Miss Murder and another ringtone HowFarWe'veCome, and they sync just fine, but if I add another then i'll just say HowFarWe'veCome twice and then MissMurder. When i go in itunes under ringtones for my iPhone it appears just fine with three differnt ones. Has anyone heard of this happening before? and is there an easy fix? \
    thanks
    2008-01-28 10:53 PM
    I have a similar problem.

Unlocked, jailbroken, firmware 1.1.2, iTunes 7.6.

If I try to synchronize my ringtones, they do not get transferred to the phone.

If I manually add them by dragging and dropping from the local library to the iPhone (within iTunes) then then the first ringtone is transferred and works normally. Every additional ringtone then causes the problem: if I manually transfer 5 ringtones, on the iPhone I get a list of 5 ringtones - but they are all the same ringtone (5 duplicate entries).

I have been trying to figure it out with no luck.

If I can get it figured out I will post the solution. So far no luck.

---------update--------------

Success.

By un-selecting the "manually manage music and videos" option (iTunes 7.6) and then setting everything else to synchronize my problem finally went away.

I was liking the option of manually organizing my iPhone... but for now I will let it synch so that I can use the custom ringtones.

Again, as I find out more I will update here.

Hope this works for you.

-ack
    Last edited by ackbar; 2008-02-03 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-03 12:59 PM
    Guys, you can just install SendSong from installer, and then all your songs from your itunes account will be on there, so you can just pick whichever song you want to use as your ringtone, and it will give you the option to send to ringtones, then go to your settings, ringtones, and the songs you sent will be there, and just pick whichever one you want to use as ringtone! Hope that helps, and hope that is what you all were talking about?? Have a great day!!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!
    2008-02-03 09:32 PM
    @ucim2cute

I tried send song before, but everytime I synchronized the iPhone my ringtones were reset - so I gave up on this method.

Of course if this "bug" was fixed, then I could simply do as you say... I will give this another try.

In the mean time I do have a working solution by simply shutting off the manual file management. It's a small price to pay for a working solution.

Prost.

-ack
    2008-02-05 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD