Hey guys, I made this video so I hope it helps! Sbbscribe to me on youtube(alexosh1234)! This can be used with any firmware that has winterboard on it! Sry i spelled winterboard wrong!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jn7NqGM-Ml8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jn7NqGM-Ml8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

iPhonehacker123- please thank me
    2008-08-08 03:48 PM
    Great video... now how do you make dynamic .html wallpapers for those of us who want to make our own custom "slide show"?
    2008-08-08 04:06 PM
    Great video... now how do you make dynamic .html wallpapers for those of us who want to make our own custom "slide show"?
    iPhone Theming on WinterBoard - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Basic HTML and CSS knowledge required.

You can also just use Saurik's HTML code in his theme and replace the images supplied with your own while renaming them to his image names.

As HTML only refers to what it's told, it looks for a name and location. As long as your pics are in the same location with the same name, you are good to go.

What's even better is that in theory, not only is this useful for "slide show" wallpapers but you could run a web page as your wallpaper (sky is the limit here).
    Now I believe it needs a bit more work to accomplish this, but that seems to have been Saurik's idea all along.
    Last edited by Emir S.; 2008-08-08 at 06:42 PM.
    2008-08-08 06:39 PM
    I guess since I have ZERO knowledge about HTML coding I don't even know how to extract saurik's HTML code as a template, etc... GRR!
    2008-08-08 06:58 PM
    That would be awesome to run a webpge as a backround! or maybe a slideshow cionsisting of hundreds of wallpapers! Also, im looking at the filesystem now! If u go int the one that has the slideshow one u can put in a bunch of pictures an it should work! I think im going to try it! If it works ill put a video up!!

u cna at least follow the video and change ur wallaper and even docks! all u do is use a thesme already installed as a template!
    Last edited by iphonehacker123; 2008-08-08 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhonehacker123- please thank me
    2008-08-08 07:03 PM
    Dynamic wallpaer is easy, just get one of theme where there is a dynamic slide show and just replace with your images.

What is more difficult and what I will love to have is the wallpaer according to the Weather, if it is raining a rainy walpaper, sunny ) sun etc...

There is already a time of day, that is easy, i saw the code in HTML, but for weather I dont know how to pull data of weather of the city we are.

It would be great if someone with better knowledge of html can doo this

thanks
    2008-08-08 10:47 PM
    Which theme has a dynamic slide show?
    2008-08-09 01:12 AM
    "today" or something like that. i have it and will use it, amazing idea
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6
    2008-08-09 02:18 AM
    Which theme has a dynamic slide show?
    It is called Bigboss Fantasy Pack : it slide alot of wallpapers every 2-3 secs

there is another which show different wallpaper 'sun, moon, etc..) depending on time : it is calle Time of day

Both are on Cydia
    2008-08-09 02:56 AM
    Saurik really pulled a nice one with this.
    No need for another app..nothing running over Springboard to emulate this and I haven't noticed any battery life difference with with a HTML wallpaper so far.

Looking at BigBoss's theme and also Time of day, one could make a clock wallpaper that changes every minute to display the current time.

I'll just need to make 720 pictures.
    Last edited by Emir S.; 2008-08-09 at 03:27 AM.
    2008-08-09 03:17 AM
    Saurik really pulled a nice one with this.
    No need for another app..nothing running over Springboard to emulate this and I haven't noticed any battery life difference with with a HTML wallpaper so far.

Looking at BigBoss's theme and also Time of day, one could make a clock wallpaper that changes every minute to display the current time.

I'll just need to make 720 pictures.
    It is HTML you can easily show a real clock then creating 720 wallpaper lolzz, just use google

The most tough will be weather wall paper. I love the HTC Diamond wall papeer it start raining on screen, and Wiper come and wash your screen like in car, this is so funny would love to see that on iPhone
    2008-08-09 01:25 PM
    Since there are no options in Winterboard yet, does anyone know how to change the plist file so that no labels show up under the icons in the dock?
    2008-08-09 09:48 PM
    wrong forum I think.
    2008-08-09 10:23 PM
    Since there are no options in Winterboard yet, does anyone know how to change the plist file so that no labels show up under the icons in the dock?
    Let me know if you find the answer as there is no folder called "Celestial.framework" so I cant find the vibration to edit!
    2008-08-09 10:51 PM
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/skinnin...-firmware.html you can find the answer for the removal of the text under your icons in this thread.
    Last edited by Talynrider; 2008-08-10 at 05:58 PM. Reason: wrong url
    2008-08-10 05:52 PM
    Thanks! I will check it out.

@Talynrider - found what I was looking for in your link. Thanks!!!
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 2008-08-10 at 08:48 PM.
    2008-08-10 08:41 PM
    i have a question. is it possible to make the image change every half hour instead of every hour like the “around the world in 24?” i tried modding the code like so, but it didnt work

if(x>=9.5 && x<10) {

document.write(’body{background: white url(19.jpg); color: black}”>’)

} else

i also tried “9:30″ instead of “9.5″ but that didnt work either.

obviously im a noob so I would app teh help! thx!!
    2008-10-13 05:26 PM
    Old thread, but thought I'd give it a shot...Im also trying to change the interval through html but can't get it right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2009-03-20 02:43 AM
    I have the time and date showing on my wallpaper, can anyone show me how to add todays weather?
    2009-07-12 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD