User Tag List

Ok. Let me explain what I did (I think I mess up something) let me know If someone can help me out.

I have a 1.1.2 Jailbreak iPod Touch until yesterday. I did the (Nate) 1.1.3 update everything was OK, but I miss my fav apps (Mail, Notes, Weather, Maps). I went to Installer I try to downloaded back but nothing happend.

Then I read in some place that the Nate 1.1.3 was only for the iPhone. So, I try a few things (download "iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw" put the iPod Touch on restore + press Option Key and click on "restore" or "update" on iTunes + select "iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw", but NOTHING happend so, nevermind, so I end up updating to 1.1.3 from iTunes 7.6.

Now... my touch is in recovery mode since yesterday. I can't even restore back using iTunes.. cause this message came up: "Help: 'The "ipod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)"..

Please any help I'll appreciate.

Thanks.
    2008-01-29 11:37 AM
    Hold down Both buttons (power and home) when you turn it on until it goes black. then release the power button but keep the home button down until it shows again in itunes in recovery mode. Try to restore it then. It works.
    2008-01-29 11:53 AM
    It doens't work for me.

I try that but the Error Message came up again... I try to restore with the Apple official 1.1.3 restore/update & nothing & I try "Option Key" + click on restore then I select 1.1.1 ipsw .... it looks like It would do something and in a few minutes the pop up message came out.

Somebody help.
    2008-01-29 04:57 PM
    It doens't work for me.

I try that but the Error Message came up again... I try to restore with the Apple official 1.1.3 restore/update & nothing & I try "Option Key" + click on restore then I select 1.1.1 ipsw .... it looks like It would do something and in a few minutes the pop up message came out.

Somebody help.

It doens't work for me.

Somebody help.

It doens't work for me.

Somebody help.
    Last edited by coreanomac; 2008-01-29 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-29 05:05 PM
    Ok. Let me explain what I did (I think I mess up something) let me know If someone can help me out.

I have a 1.1.2 Jailbreak iPod Touch until yesterday. I did the (Nate) 1.1.3 update everything was OK, but I miss my fav apps (Mail, Notes, Weather, Maps). I went to Installer I try to downloaded back but nothing happend.

Then I read in some place that the Nate 1.1.3 was only for the iPhone. So, I try a few things (download "iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw" put the iPod Touch on restore + press Option Key and click on "restore" or "update" on iTunes + select "iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw", but NOTHING happend so, nevermind, so I end up updating to 1.1.3 from iTunes 7.6.

Now... my touch is in recovery mode since yesterday. I can't even restore back using iTunes.. cause this message came up: "Help: 'The "ipod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)"..

Please any help I'll appreciate.

Thanks.
    One of your main problems is probably the fact that you're using the iPhone Firmware and not the iPod. There are slight differances that may make iTunes throw up. You can download all firmware versions from http://wiki.iphonegameover.com/Firmware_Download I would recomend hooking your ipod back up to iTunes and letting it restore it back to 1.1.3 and get it back to working condition (Just a regular click on restore, not shift click.) Then follow my guide to get 1.1.3 jailbroken.
    2008-01-29 07:14 PM
    i had the same problem with my iphone,
    not sure if this will work on the ipod, but its worth a try,
    back up and delete:
    hd/system/libary/privateframeworks/mobiledevice.framework, and the uninstall itunes (i used appdelete for my mac http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/31123)
    empty trash. re install itunes (7.5 worked great for me) reboot,
    then, reset ipod (hold down sleep and home together, wait until silver apple appears then let go of sleep still holding home, untill contect to itunes appears. )
    option restore, navagate to the firmware you want, and it should work.
    if not im sorry i cant be of anymore help,
    good luck
    2008-01-29 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD