Im running on a windows machine and want to know what sw to turn mp3s into ringtones.

found it for mac users but not windows.

thanks guys.

Tim.
    2008-01-30 03:43 PM
    hey tim just go to itunes preferences and change your import from mp3 to acc. then right click the song you want to be your ringtone and hit get info. then change the play from and to boxes so that it reads from 0 and to 0.30.00. this will make the song 30 seconds long then get out of prefs and right click again and in the menu hit convert to acc. (dont worry once your done it will not affect the song as it will make a duplicate of the song). once you have the second copy right click it and hit find in windows explorer once it brings you to the actual song file change the extension to .m4r click off it so that it saves the name. then open it by double clicking and it should open up in itunes as a ringtone then just sync your ringtones.
    2008-01-30 03:57 PM
    ok thanks.

tryed that and i get this error message.

tryed 3 times just to make sure.

any ideas ?

Once again Thanks
    2008-01-30 07:14 PM
    ok thanks.

tryed that and i get this error message.

tryed 3 times just to make sure.

any ideas ?

Once again Thanks
    2008-01-30 07:15 PM
    the song you changed the extension on has to be the 30 second acc version. remember change to 30 seconds but do not change the way they put the time in there you have to us the hour.minutes.seconds for example 0.30.00 would go into the to box and 0.00.00 would go in the from box. once this is completed. save it. then convert to acc. it should make a duplicate now right click on the 30second acc version and find it in explorer change the extension to m4r. click somwhere else to de highlight the file now double click it and it should open up itunes and be in the ringtones folder and set the iphone ringtones to sync all ringtones.
    2008-01-31 12:25 AM
    hi guys,

i still cant get this method to work, is it my fone that doesnt like them or what ????

any ideas ???
    2008-02-04 08:35 PM
    Tim, why don't you just install sendsong from installer, and it will show all your songs that are on your itunes library, and you can pick which ones you want to use as ringtones, then just go to settings and the songs you sent from sendsong will be in your ringtones in settings, then just pick whichever one you want?? It's easy!

So goes like this:

install sendsong
    pick and send whichever songs you want to send to settings for ringtones
    go to settings
    pick whichever songs you wanna use as ringtones!

Hope this helps!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!
    2008-02-04 09:03 PM
    is there any way to install this on 1.1.2

im using a 1.1.2 with a next sim, or can you still use next sim with a jailbroken 1.1.3
    2008-02-04 09:19 PM
    Hey, yeah, I am on 1.1.2 with a tmobile sims.
    2008-02-04 09:22 PM
    you have msn ????

if so mind adding me mabye giving me a quick hand please ????

[email protected]

will be bed time soon tho
    2008-02-04 09:28 PM
    Hey you, shoot, I am on my way out, right now, I will add you as soon as I get back sorry, just wrong timing. I will add you when I get back, and send you an offline message, and if your not on, then just buzz me when you get back on! I will help you though, just gotta run out right now for a bit.
    2008-02-04 09:33 PM
    no probs at all and thanks.

amount of times ive helped ppl now its my turn.

i'll be online tomorrow afternoon.

thanks again.

I am still struggling with this guys........

I can get the m4r file, but EVERYTIME i try to sync ANY m4r file to the iphone i get the a error saying that the file wasnt sent to the iphone because the file cant be read on this iphone.

i am runnin a 1.1.2 OTB
    downgraded 1.1.1
    Jailbroken
    oktoprep
    with a NextSim.

any ideas why i cant sync these files please.

Thanks.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-02-05 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-05 07:25 PM
    Im having more or less the same problem.....

My iPhone is also 1.1.2 OTB Jailbreaked and Unlocked (SilverSIM). I managed to convert some old mp3 ringtones into m4rs ringtones, they apear to be ok under Ringtones in the iTuens, I can play them and Ive Sync them to the iPhone.

But.... after the Sync, if I go to Settings -> Sounds -> RingTone or New Text Message, the new ringtones are not there.....

Any Ideas???
    2008-02-06 01:52 PM
    guessing no one knows ?
    2008-02-09 06:43 PM
    dude go to iringer.com and use that its way easier amd free

u dont have to change any formats and u can creat your own 30 second or less ringtone, fade in and out, any part of the song
    2008-02-09 06:59 PM
    u dont have to change any formats and u can creat your own 30 second or less ringtone, fade in and out, any part of the song
    2008-02-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD