Hi Guys, I need some help...

I tried to upgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 using the uppgrade on installer(the one on the frontpage on modmyi.com)

Everything went well, until it shoul restart. Now i goes in a loop with the start-up apple screen -->connect to itunes screen --> to turning of an on again..... What shall i do. I have tries to connect it to itunes, but my computer doesn't react.....

Please help....

This guy probably has similar problem....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csqhyWn72hU"]YouTube - My Ipod Wont Turn On And Go To The Summerboard PLLLZZZ Help[/ame]
    2008-01-31 12:27 AM
    Try putting it in recovery mode. As soon as it comes on, hold down the top and bottom buttons. The phone should force turn off and then reboot (keep holding the buttons until you see the apple logo for the reboot) and should be in recovery mode.
    2008-01-31 12:39 AM
    Doesn't work.... only gets a apple screen..... hoe long should this take.... waited for about 5min....

Any other ideas?

now the "connect to itunes" screen appeard........... i try to connect.... nothing happends

now the "connect to itunes" screen appeard........... i try to connect.... nothing happends

looping.... didn't help....

What to do?
    Last edited by c--f; 2008-01-31 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-31 12:50 AM
    looping.... didn't help....

What to do?
    2008-01-31 12:50 AM
    i know this is a random but lol ure using the same web cam i am =)))
    2008-01-31 07:33 AM
    ^^ lol!

Try to get it in recovery mode, then use the 1.1.2 jailbreak jar to 'boot from recovery'. If you don't want to use that, use iBrickr. If you're on a mac, well, you are completely screwed.

Ok, maybe not 'completely', that is just a substitute for my own ignorance- when it comes to mac modding of the iPhone, that is. lol
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-01-31 09:56 AM
    ^^ lol!

Try to get it in recovery mode, then use the 1.1.2 jailbreak jar to 'boot from recovery'. If you don't want to use that, use iBrickr. If you're on a mac, well, you are completely screwed.

Ok, maybe not 'completely', that is just a substitute for my own ignorance- when it comes to mac modding of the iPhone, that is. lol
    Have you confirmed that this works? What is the process I have to go through to do this? I still have to install 1.1.1/1.1.2/1.1.3 firmware on my ipodtouch all over again so I don't think you're giving enough information.

My ipod has been bricked like this for a while now and all I have seen on the forums for answers is short and undetailed posts, with no comments on if it works or not.

Have to weed though thousands of other topics with 0 posts, made by retards who don't bother to use the search function or read the announcement.
    2008-02-02 12:20 AM
    This exactly happened to me before, was stuck at a recovery screen changing to a boot screen that never seemed to finish booting.

This is what I did to fix it.

Put your ipod in recovery mode:

1. Connect your ipod touch to the computer with USB cable.
    2. Open up iTunes (even though it won't detect the ipod)
    3. Press and hold both the home and hold/power button at the same time. When the screen goes blank or black, quickly let go of the power/hold button whilst still holding the home button. (if the apple logo pops back up signaling a boot, repeat the process again until it doesn't do that)

The trick here is to NOT LET GO OF THE HOME BUTTON UNTIL IT POPS UP IN ITUNES IN RECOVERY MODE. (this may take 2 minutes or even more)(took me 2 minutes)

Keep trying took me numerous tries to get it to work

THats how I got my iPod touch out of the same problem as yours.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Anonymouslyanonymous; 2008-02-03 at 06:43 AM.
    2008-02-03 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD