for some reason i've lost the ability to set my lock screen wallpaper. i have a pwn'd 3g with cydia/customize/winterboard (just got WB an hr ago).

*** dont know if this helps: I can only set the lockscreen to 2 wallpapers by going though customize/ customized images&sounds/ wallpaper/ lockscreen wallpaper/ (then either CoolSystemSounds of OriginalBackup). I can't even set the springboard wallpapers anymore! WTF! ***

i know that this IS fixable, but i need help from someone that is a bit more knowledgeable with modding to steer me in the right direction. i'm thinking a/b ssh'ing into the phone (through WinSCP) and putting my wallpapers there, but again, i need some help to know what type of file it needs to be and what folder to go in. or maybe there is a complete different way to go about fixing it.... either way, plz help a semi-newb, thanks.

PS: i know that on cpu's if u have too many programs managing the same types of files (i.e. win. media player, itunes, real, etc...) it creates conflicts when trying to use the files. for some reason it feels like WB or (likely) Customize is keeping the regular OS from setting the wallpaper. am i somewhat right in thinking like this or is the iphone different in that respect?!?!

thanks & much respect and appreciation to anyone who can offer ANY help
    Last edited by 100chris; 2008-08-14 at 02:51 AM. Reason: clarification
    2008-08-14 02:17 AM
    ssh into your phone

delete "LockBackground.jpg" from:

/var/mobile/Library

then respring

If you download "commander" from cydia you can just do it on the phone....
    2008-08-14 02:42 AM
    some people have been having problems using both customize and winterboard at the same time, this may be your problem.
    2008-08-14 01:48 PM
    ssh into your phone

delete "LockBackground.jpg" from:

/var/mobile/Library

then respring

If you download "commander" from cydia you can just do it on the phone....
    worked...thanks!
    2008-08-21 05:22 AM
    You will need to do this each and every time you use customize to set a wallpaper, as the file gets recreated.
    2008-08-21 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD