User Tag List

Hello all,
    I'm new to the site. Do anyone know how to make themes and icons? Is there a guide out there? I would like to learn how to create some, I have some pretty good ideals for themes and would like to try and make them. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance
    2008-08-15 11:32 PM
    Welcome to MMi we hate BOLD text...lol
    Anyway I'm not sure how much information you need. Here's a guide to get you started...http://www.modmyi.com/forums/skinnin...-tutorial.html
    Also try downloading a theme from here and take a look at how it's packaged..http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...?do=cat&id=111
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2008-08-16 at 12:07 AM.
    2008-08-16 12:04 AM
    This is also a pretty handy tutorial for iPhone Style Icon Tutorial | Keep The Web Weird

Nice vid as well.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOzfNs3qV3U"]YouTube - How to create a Webclip iPhone Icon using Photoshop[/ame]
    Last edited by bklynjava; 2008-08-16 at 12:21 AM.
    2008-08-16 12:17 AM
    Sorry about the bold text. Thanks for the info

Brookhead thanks again. one more question, I found some nice themes (thanks for the links) How do i get them on my phone. I know it's some type of software, I seen some threads where they said the used WinSCP but thats for windows. I have a Mac. Do you know what I would use?
    Thanks
    Last edited by sitrucc; 2008-08-16 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-16 02:51 AM
    Sorry about the bold text. Thanks for the info

Brookhead thanks again. one more question, I found some nice themes (thanks for the links) How do i get them on my phone. I know it's some type of software, I seen some threads where they said the used WinSCP but thats for windows. I have a Mac. Do you know what I would use?
    Thanks

You can use CyberDuck
    2008-08-16 03:35 AM
    How to SFTP Winterboard themes 2.0

1. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Cydia)

2. install winterboard
    (from list of apps available from Cydia)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (MAC FuGu--Wiki Guide ) CyberDuck also works well, but I use "Transmit"

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Winterboard themes go in /Library/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2008-08-16 at 03:53 AM.
    2008-08-16 03:50 AM
    I'm using Transmit, I got it connected. There is not a theme folder in Library. I'm in private/var/root/Library I have 5 folders address book, cookies, keyboard, lockdown and preference. I installed Cydia and winterboard. I have a theme on my phone now. Did I miss a step?
    2008-08-16 04:58 AM
    Its /Library/Themes as stated above, not private/var/root/Library
    you prolly started in private/var/root
    2008-08-16 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD