User Tag List

After upgrading to 1.1.3 i was the custom ringtones were mute, this is a way to get around it,

iToner is usually quick to put out an update to fix whatever Apple decides to break in each update, but if you dont want to wait for you can do the workaround described below pretty easily.

1. Find your mp3 file that you were using as a ringtone, and drop it into iTunes.
    2. Make sure your iTunes importing settings are such that AAC is selected for importing.
    3. Right click on the file in iTunes playlist and select convert to AAC.
    4. Drag the file from the iTunes playlist to your desktop and change the .aac file extension to .m4r
    5. Open up iToner and proceed as normal with the sync process
    6. Go into the iPhone settings and select your custom ringtone and it should play as expected.[/B]
    2008-02-03 10:59 PM
    After upgrading to 1.1.3 i was the custom ringtones were mute, this is a way to get around it,

iToner is usually quick to put out an update to fix whatever Apple decides to break in each update, but if you dont want to wait for you can do the workaround described below pretty easily.

1. Find your mp3 file that you were using as a ringtone, and drop it into iTunes.
    2. Make sure your iTunes importing settings are such that AAC is selected for importing.
    3. Right click on the file in iTunes playlist and select convert to AAC.
    4. Drag the file from the iTunes playlist to your desktop and change the .aac file extension to .m4r
    5. Open up iToner and proceed as normal with the sync process
    6. Go into the iPhone settings and select your custom ringtone and it should play as expected.[/B]
    I do the same up to no: 4 then I upload my ringtones through itunes
    connect iphone to itunes then click on your iphone in the left window
    click on your ringtone tab at the top then just drag the m4r file into ringtone page then just sync then your ringtone will be in the list on your iphone.
    I find this an easyway hope this helps
    2008-02-04 12:53 AM
    I go through this process and it works for the first ringtone but when I try and load additional ringtones, it shows up as duplicates to the first ringtone. Example: I load "Busy Child" first followed by "American Baby", and "Loser", it looks like all are loaded in itunes but than i disconnect my iphone and look at my ringtones in settings and it looks like this:

Busy Child
    Busy Child
    Busy Child

As if I had loaded 3 of the same song. It will repeat the more I load. They're all identical. Any Help?
    2008-02-13 07:48 PM
    if anybody have windows, he/she can use this software to add custom ring tone in iPhone.

i already tested it on my 1.1.3(original 1.0.2) iPhone, it works fine.

iPhone PC Suite 0.2.1

http://rapidshare.com/files/92272486...Eng_v0.2.1.rar
    2008-02-17 11:07 AM
    It works!!! Thanks perilous!!! =)
    2008-02-26 09:35 PM
    tried it out on 1.1.4 ,does not work :-(
    2008-03-02 12:59 PM
    Hello Im New In This Iphone Thing 1.1.3 Version

Who I Open The File On Windows Xp

I Tried To Open With Win Zip But

I Realy Dont Konw Wish Of The Files Is The Program And Who I To

Instal

Thanks In Advance
    2008-03-02 03:09 PM
    if you get the latest version it works with 1.1.4.
    2008-03-02 05:25 PM
    J273 Quote:
    Originally Posted by aamodr

if you get the latest version it works with 1.1.4.
    where do i get that latest version??

the 1 on the download link here is same as this 1
    2008-03-02 10:15 PM
    yeah same here.. i have a 1.1.3 and a 1.1.4 iphone. i can do the itunes workaround in 1.1.3 but in 1.1.4 if i try to add multiple ringtones they all repeat and are identical to the first one doubt its a firmware issue since this was also a problem in 1.1.2, any ideas?
    2008-03-30 12:34 AM
    I go through this process and it works for the first ringtone but when I try and load additional ringtones, it shows up as duplicates to the first ringtone. Example: I load "Busy Child" first followed by "American Baby", and "Loser", it looks like all are loaded in itunes but than i disconnect my iphone and look at my ringtones in settings and it looks like this:

Busy Child
    Busy Child
    Busy Child

As if I had loaded 3 of the same song. It will repeat the more I load. They're all identical. Any Help?
    So this is an old thread, but it's about the first google search result for "Iphone custom ringtone repeat," so I figured I'd post the fix for this I found.

Once you change the M4A file to an M4R, DO NOT drag/drop into iTunes. Double click the file to open it in iTunes.

No idea why this makes a difference, it really doesn't make sense, but it fixed my issue with songs repeating.
    2009-06-25 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD