User Tag List

I'm sorry for bringing this up.. but i've really spent about 4 hours trying to sort this out..

I'm not able to convert the files to .caf...

I've tried a few inporting using itunes with the inport set to AIFF, and then re labeled them, and dragged them to the file.

Basically the files re-name there self again once you drag them into place. I've tried Iphonebrowser, and iDemocracy 3, and it wont allow me to re-label the files once i've dragged them!

Its really annoying me, and I must have downloaded loads of little programs, but you have to pay for them all!

Can anyone point out what i'm doing wrong??

Thanks

Jordan
    2008-08-20 03:43 PM
    no is simple just rename it to .caf it will change you said you use itunes method on importing as aiff right?? no if u rename the files it should work with no problems.yesterday i took my vista sounds logon/logoff and rename them to caf than replace it with the unlock sounds and others sound that i changed..it should work don't download any programs to convert them..cause if you change the files right away they change formats..are u sure u doing it right cause i do this everyday with no problems...i use winscp i assume u on a mac? right? ....
    stash459 june30 2007 iphone like $700 playboy!
    2008-08-20 04:56 PM
    If you're using Mac, yes it's as simple as renaming .aif to .caf, if you're using windows, and you have extensions set to hidden, what you may actually be doing is renaming say ringtune.aif to ringtune.aif.caf without realizing it. Make sure extentions is not set to hidden on Windows.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-08-20 05:01 PM
    I'vw sorted it, I'm on windows vista PC. the computer wasn't showing all the file name, so set it to show the entire file, and then re named it!

Sorted!

Next problem now... when I install jailbreak it works fine.. untill I install the video ring tone program, then it freezes on the pinapple page, and I have to restore using itunes! Happened twice now and only had the phone 1 day!

Jordan
    2008-08-20 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD