one of my friend jailbroke his iphone and it been working so far, he did not update to 2.0.2, but for some reason he has a cartoon picture of Steve Jobs with a text bubble in Russian and its stuck on his screen and he cant do anything. What should he do?
    2008-08-20 11:45 PM
    This is because he is in recovery mode. When u jailbroke ur iphone u used custom logos on Pwnage tool. The custom recovery logo is Steve Jobs saying something so u need to restore :/
    2008-08-20 11:51 PM
    He will need to plug his iphone, then hold both the power and home key until the screen goes black and the he will release the power button while keeping the home button pressed. Itunes will recognize an iphone in recovery (this is actually called DFU mode). Then shift+click restore (pc) or option+click restore (mac) and pick his custom firmware and voilą.
    2008-08-21 12:16 AM
    If that doesn't work, this timing sequence will always put your iPhone into DFU mode.

1: Start with the iPhone turned off.
    2: Hold down the power button for five seconds.
    3: While keeping the power button down, hold on to the home button for 10 seconds.
    (you're holding down both buttons now)
    4: Let go of the power button, and continue to hold the home button for about 30 seconds.

Boom. You're in DFU mode and off you go with restoring with your custom firmware.

PS: The Steve Jobs picture ( Преве́д )says "Preved" in Russian, meaning "Surprise!"
    Last edited by OneRing2Rule; 2008-08-21 at 01:48 AM. Reason: spelling error
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!
    2008-08-21 01:47 AM
    thanks for the help, he got it back.
    2008-08-21 03:16 AM
    can someone help me. I get error 2005 regarding my ipod not being able to read...
    2008-09-24 04:16 PM
    DFU, restore, rejailbreak using PwnageTool/WinPwn (depending on computer OS)
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2008-09-25 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD