Hello all,

I am very new to modding the iphone. I finally got the jb to go correctly last night, and played with different 3rd party apps, and themes last night. I am now trying to learn to upload themes/battery themes etc manually and am having some problems. I have searched and I understand the basics, but there is either an issue with my phone, or I am just not getting it:

Here is the deal, I finally found a browser that I could get to work (i-FunBox), and I got into my phone (no wifi home network so SSH is out of the questions for now), but there is no var folder. There is a var file, but I cannot place items into it.

Any ideas, because I have several neat battery themes I want to try, and they go inside there, by the directions I read, but I am having little luck, and creating a folder just makes the car file flash.

Thanks for any help. Perhaps I need to download another program? I have cydia, installer, customize, and winterboard.

Thanks...
    Last edited by N757QQ; 2008-08-27 at 09:06 AM.
    2008-08-27 08:55 AM
    i think that program doesnt show the whole file system just the media part like many of those applications
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-08-27 09:11 AM
    I agree with heath_rox...perhaps the ifunbox is not showing the complete directory.
    There is a way of setting up SSH without WIFI... Google for Iphone Tunnel Suite and winSCP...it's an easy set up..i do this at work everyday. Basically youre using the iPhone as a modem thru usb. And you can also set permission thru this way also...cool trick if you dont have wifi access.

GoodLuck.
    2008-08-27 09:56 AM
    Thanks to you both. That got me up & going again. I am back to trying to figure this out. Thanks
    2008-08-27 10:57 AM
    glad to help. Have fun modding.
    2008-08-27 11:00 AM
    iFunBox also other tools like iPhoneBrowser, can only show the media folder unless the iPhone is jailbroken. After jailbroken, entire filesystem will be ready for accessing.
    2008-09-14 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD