First off I don't know why but anything I search for in FAQ returns no results. So I apologize if these are duplicate posts that have been answered already. Second, I can't find the posts that I've already put up so I'll just have to ask the same questions.

Question 1: I finished up my Jailbreak and downloaded some new themes. After installing (I used one of the step by step guides in the stickies) the folder shows up in my iPhoneBrowser but it's not on the phone itself. I added modmyi to my sources and tried installing from there but nothing changed on the phone. There's a Summerboard themes folder in my categories and I've installed two themes from there as well and still nothing shows up. What am I doing wrong?

Second Question: I wanted to install a new battery theme and was going to use the guide in the themes section but it says I need Customize to do so. I've searched all folders of all categories displayed on my installer and can't seem to find it. Where can I get this??

Last question: There's maybe a total of 25 apps on my installer. Where do I get more? What sources can I add that will give me additional apps?

Once again, thanks for any help that is provided.
    2008-02-13 01:03 AM
    Question 1: I finished up my Jailbreak and downloaded some new themes. After installing (I used one of the step by step guides in the stickies) the folder shows up in my iPhoneBrowser but it's not on the phone itself. I added modmyi to my sources and tried installing from there but nothing changed on the phone. There's a Summerboard themes folder in my categories and I've installed two themes from there as well and still nothing shows up. What am I doing wrong?
    I see that you're running 1.1.3. The Summerboard theme location has moved to:

/private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

so if you're manually uploading themes you have to put them there as opposed to what's in the tutorial.

You probably need Summerboard 3.1 if that's not the version you're using now. Previously, in FW 1.02/1.1.1/1.1.2 themes were stored in:

/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/

When FW 1.1.3 came out the moved to:

/private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

Summerboard 3.1 works for 1.1.3.

Second Question: I wanted to install a new battery theme and was going to use the guide in the themes section but it says I need Customize to do so. I've searched all folders of all categories displayed on my installer and can't seem to find it. Where can I get this??
    Look in the wiki for 'rogue sources' and it should be listed there. At worse, it will give you more sources to add.

Last question: There's maybe a total of 25 apps on my installer. Where do I get more? What sources can I add that will give me additional apps?

Once again, thanks for any help that is provided.
    See the above for the answer.
    2008-02-13 01:41 AM
    here's what the problem is with smb in 113...

all themes (atleast all of my fav ones ) get downloaded in the folder /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes and the program looks up the folder /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes for themes.

therefore, all newly downloaded themes dont show up in the list...leading to the cumbersome method of moving the themes from root to mobile after every download

a simple fix to the above problem is (every step is followed by the code to perform that function)

1. make sure when you start there no new themes (only the default ones)

2. remove the themes directory in the root folder
    Code:
    rm -rf /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    3. create an alias(symbolic link) in the same place which points to the theme directory in mobile
    Code:
    ln -s /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    after this, all the new themes downloaded will go in the right folder and will show up in the app

you can enter these commands from the terminal after sshing into your phone. for mac: terminal can be used, for windows ive head winputty or something like that is great... i personally would suggest to download the termvt-100 app and do is straight on the phone, saves you a little bit of effort

cheers!
    rohan

p.s. i claim no responsibility should anything happen to your iphone (though id sure like to know how u managed that )

update: this is exactly what the smb theme fix by bigboss does. but i also read that all the themes have been updated with the correct paths... i wonder why the issue still persists...?
    bigboss beta repo where the SMB Themes Fix can be found is http://iphone.sleepers.net/repobeta.xml
    2008-02-20 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD