Please don't destroy me for asking questions that have already been asked. MMI has been extremely slow lately and the search feature is not fun to use at the moment....I have tried!

1. I realize this has probably been answered but I need to know if the OFFICIAL 1.1.3 Upgrader (Source: Conceited Software) works if on a jailbroken 1.1.2 iPod Touch correctly?

2. Do I need to uninstall apps before upgrading?

3. Will the soft upgrade erase my songs/video?

4. After upgrading, when I plug it into iTunes, will iTunes recognize it as a 1.1.3 and act normally? or will I have to do something after the jailbreak to 1.1.3?

5. Do I need to be plugged into iTunes during the soft upgrade? If so, should iTunes be open? If so, should I disconnect my iPod Touch? Or should I completely close iTunes down.

6. If for some reason it all messes up, do I just put iPod into restore mode and then restart?

7. I am COMPLETELY PARANOID OF LOOSING MY MUSIC! Can doing the soft upgrade mess up my music and then mess up iTunes in ANY way?

*WILL THANK ANYONE WHO HELPS!*
    2008-02-15 10:03 PM
    1. I realize this has probably been answered but I need to know if the OFFICIAL 1.1.3 Upgrader (Source: Conceited Software) works if on a jailbroken 1.1.2 iPod Touch correctly? Yes

2. Do I need to uninstall apps before upgrading? No

3. Will the soft upgrade erase my songs/video? Yes

4. After upgrading, when I plug it into iTunes, will iTunes recognize it as a 1.1.3 and act normally? or will I have to do something after the jailbreak to 1.1.3? It will see it as normal 1.1.3

5. Do I need to be plugged into iTunes during the soft upgrade? If so, should iTunes be open? If so, should I disconnect my iPod Touch? Or should I completely close iTunes down. No, no, no, yes.

6. If for some reason it all messes up, do I just put iPod into restore mode and then restart? Yes.

7. I am COMPLETELY PARANOID OF LOOSING MY MUSIC! Can doing the soft upgrade mess up my music and then mess up iTunes in ANY way? Nope, can't mess up iTunes.
    2008-02-16 06:31 AM
    So it WILL erase all of my music and video? WTF?

If so then after its done will iTunes just put everything back on?

So it WILL erase all of my music and video? WTF?

If so then after its done will iTunes just put everything back on?
    Last edited by ehcropydoc; 2008-02-16 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ehcropydoc
    Subscribe to my videos on YouTube!
    iPod Touch 1.1.2 Jailbroken w/Invisible Shield
    2008-02-16 11:15 PM
    You're restoring your iPod, EVERYTHING on your iPod is G.O.N.E.! Yes, GONE! iTunes will happily load everything back onto your ipod.
    2008-02-17 04:41 AM
    ok i've been reading up and since this thread is here i'll use it to get clarification on my question.

if i jailbreak my touch (1.1.3) it will, after the process is done, be back at 1.1.3, is that correct?
    2008-02-19 08:44 PM
    Yes
    2008-02-19 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD