Is this also the solution for the following problem:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/cydia-s...data-help.html
    This is what I used to get cydia working again:
    So, I deleted ALL the contents of the var / lib / apt / lists folder (except the "partial" folder).
    Cydia loaded right up and added all the sources back in by itself... problem solved!
    2009-04-12 07:18 PM
    So, I deleted ALL the contents of the var / lib / apt / lists folder (except the "partial" folder).
    Cydia loaded right up and added all the sources back in by itself... problem solved!
    Thanks so much!!! this solved my problem!!! Hooray
    2009-07-19 05:54 AM
    2009-09-21 09:08 AM
    i mate,

i had the same painful prob also, and i followed the same steps as you did with no luck.

however ive managed to work it out and it 100% works. do as follows.

ssh into your fone or pod, navigate to etc/apt/sources.list.d- now find the file cydia.list open it with text edit if your using a mac, inside you will find what your looking for "rep.sources.co.il" and simply delete it. this is exactly what i did and worked a charm.

good luck

ok .. i have the same problem ,, it happens to me twice ,, in the first day i left it and it's fixed automatically after some update from the cydia ,, in the second time there is no any update ,, and it's still not working ,, i saw ur post and it seems good but what if i don't have the SSH ???

i mean the problem happen before i install the SSH .. from where i can get without cydia ,, and what i have to do exactly to navigate through SSH ...

Thx
    2009-12-07 10:38 AM
    ok .. i have the same problem ,, it happens to me twice ,, in the first day i left it and it's fixed automatically after some update from the cydia ,, in the second time there is no any update ,, and it's still not working ,, i saw ur post and it seems good but what if i don't have the SSH ???

i mean the problem happen before i install the SSH .. from where i can get without cydia ,, and what i have to do exactly to navigate through SSH ...

Thx

If you used blackra1n to JB then use it the same way you did without a restore and it will put the blackra1n app back on your phone and you can install rock app through there. From there you can remove the bad repo or install openssh. Rock app does not seem to have the same issue launching from bad repos as cydia has
    Sent from my iPad
    2009-12-07 10:57 AM
    If you used blackra1n to JB then use it the same way you did without a restore and it will put the blackra1n app back on your phone and you can install rock app through there. From there you can remove the bad repo or install openssh. Rock app does not seem to have the same issue launching from bad repos as cydia has

can i navigate from open ssh or i have to connected to PC ..

and if i can't ,, is there any other apps i can use to navigate and delete the bad source ???
    2009-12-07 11:24 AM
    If you used Blackra1n the first time you jailbroke then all you need to do is "rejailbreak" even though when you do this it will not change anything but put blackra1n back on your springboard. From there you can open the blackra1n app and install Rock App. After that open up Rock App and go to the manage tab and there will be a section for your sources, form there delete the bad repo. Your other option is from RockApp install openssh. Then you can ssh into your iphone and manually delete the source file.

Let me know if this helps you, or if something needs to be clarified!
    Good Luck!

edit: forgot to ask. You are using the latest firmware (3.1.2) If not this method will not work for you.
    Sent from my iPad
    2009-12-07 11:55 AM
    If you used Blackra1n the first time you jailbroke then all you need to do is "rejailbreak" even though when you do this it will not change anything but put blackra1n back on your springboard. From there you can open the blackra1n app and install Rock App. After that open up Rock App and go to the manage tab and there will be a section for your sources, form there delete the bad repo. Your other option is from RockApp install openssh. Then you can ssh into your iphone and manually delete the source file.

Good Luck!

edit: forgot to ask. You are using the latest firmware (3.1.2) If not this method will not work for you.

i did ,, JB again but didn't put blackra1n again on my iphone ??? yes i have the new firmware and i did ecaxt what u said but can't get Blackra1n back !!

Good Luck!

i did ,, JB again but didn't put blackra1n again on my iphone ??? yes i have the new firmware and i did ecaxt what u said but can't get Blackra1n back !!
    Last edited by medod1; 2009-12-08 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-12-08 08:20 AM
    Have you hidden it? Search spotlight for black and it should be there.
    If not you might be faced with a restore then from there using blackra1n to get the blackra1n app back on your phone. And then installing Rock App. I have used blackra1n several times on my phone to get the app back after jailbreaking so it should work, but you never know the iPhone can be very stubborn at times. haha
    Sent from my iPad
    2009-12-08 08:25 AM
    Have you hidden it? Search spotlight for black and it should be there.
    If not you might be faced with a restore then from there using blackra1n to get the blackra1n app back on your phone. And then installing Rock App. I have used blackra1n several times on my phone to get the app back after jailbreaking so it should work, but you never know the iPhone can be very stubborn at times. haha
    no i didn't find it ,, ,,

so i think the only solution is to restore

but what do u mean by get the apps back ,, do u mean reinstall them again ???
    2009-12-08 09:08 AM
    I'm talking about blackra1n app. I was saying that I have used the method of rejailbreaking to get the black rain app back and it had work. But if that did not work for you it sounds like you might have to restore.
    Sent from my iPad
    2009-12-08 09:22 AM
    I'm talking about blackra1n app. I was saying that I have used the method of rejailbreaking to get the black rain app back and it had work. But if that did not work for you it sounds like you might have to restore.
    well .. i'll try it again ,, any advice before i try again ??
    (i mean any thing to delete so it may work ? )

and also if i had to restore ,, which sources is important to add in cydia and is rook app is important to add ?
    2009-12-08 09:54 AM
    i mate,

i had the same painful prob also, and i followed the same steps as you did with no luck.

however ive managed to work it out and it 100% works. do as follows.

ssh into your fone or pod, navigate to etc/apt/sources.list.d- now find the file cydia.list open it with text edit if your using a mac, inside you will find what your looking for "rep.sources.co.il" and simply delete it. this is exactly what i did and worked a charm.

good luck
    Thanks for your tip. I beleive I'm on the right track with this. My trouble is that somehow Cydia.list has disappeared from the sources.list.d- directory. I'm thinking that I can just reconstruct the file in a text editor and put it back, but I dont know the coding. Could you tell give me the contents of the cydia.list? That would be a huge help.
    2010-04-16 02:27 AM
    Awesome! Thanks dude that fixed er' up real good!
    2010-05-16 09:44 PM
    hey, i have another solution....
    go to this page Download CategoriesSB.deb - iPod Touch ?????? ????????! and download cydia.deb.
    after that using winscp or any other ssh client go to the folder var/mobile and copy the cydia.deb to this folder.
    go to COMMANDS in winscp and choose open terminal.
    in console window type dpkg -i cydia.deb and execute it.
    this will downgrade your cydia and it will start working again!!!
    once u open cydia it will ask to force clear the previous errors and then it will ask to upgrade.... voila!!! now you have cydia running properly again!!!!!
    2010-06-01 05:41 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD